CQC CQC ranks

I tried for the first time in ages, parts of the arena appeared in wrong places, I could fly through them. I am pretty sure it wasnt my end, but no computer expert.
Shame, been away from the game for a bit and its CQC that I like most...even if I'm crap!

I am dissapointed about this. was quite looking forward to a few hrs CQC this weekend. I am glad for this thread however as I would have felt awful if the 2 guys I was badgering to get it had bought it (no steam refunds on cdkeys)

I am probably being incredibly naive but what elite seems to be lacking development wise are enough true elite fanbois (and girls).
I never thought this in the early days, but .... big picture games are about making money (I am not THAT naive) but quite a few of the games I play a feature will go in which apparently was not really planned... but one or 2 of the Devs will be like "look I really want this" and they will be allowed to work on it as a pet project.
when it goes in its eyes wide open that it may not generate a lot. of sales but it's just gone in because it's cool and someone wanted to add it.

VR is often such a thing. but it would be great if CQC was also worked on as a side project too. I doubt it will ever be popular enough to be a big ticket feature but as a labour of love? maybe.

CQC is very bugged, the odyssey version especially, since release in fact. FDev introduces new bugs very frequently.
In july last year, after a weekly server miantenance, suddently the game was constantly crash to desktop at the end of a game. It has been fixed with U13, in september.
In november with U14, 2 maps are completly bugged, buildings, rocks are compacted, FDev says thay will fix it with U15, end of april.
Odyssey version is suffering of a matchmaking error that kicks you to main CQC menu after the game.
More generally, there are also instancing problems, 2 cmdrs who try to join CQC may never met and fall in 2 different empty lobbies...
That makes a lot of bad things. and i don't even speak of the attitude of some players or squadron who ruin the CQC...

You can play legacy CQC, it is more stable, but the rank progression is not taken in count, and there always has the condor CDT bug.

FDevs said they would fix broken maps in upcoming major update. We just have to wait and see.

That makes a lot of bad things. and i don't even speak of the attitude of some players or squadron who ruin the CQC...

Which squadron ruins CQC for you and most importantly how?

Last edited:
Top Bottom