Engineers Cracked Industrial Firmware Scan Locations \ Where To Find Cracked Industrial Firmware

Hello everyone,

If you're and idiot, much like myself, you filled up your Data with useless 'Emission Data' and didn't have room for the Crack Industrial Firmware when you were doing those surface scan missions. This leaves you to need to grind for them.'

All data has been taken from the following document and has treated my quite well
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IVPYPqXbqC7pYY2UggEXLSO0CMaE0ksZMB2Ejlh0aYI/edit#gid=0

My understanding is that you can only scan each location once per week. Because of that, I did some research as to where I can collect Crack Industrial Firmware. Below you will find a bunch of locations
that fit the following criteria:
• Less than 100 LY from Sol
• Threat Level = 0
• CIF rating is higher than .50 (A few exceptions have been noted)

CIF Rating of 0.61:
System: --------- Body: ------- Port Name: ----------- Distance to Sol: -- Notes:
LHS 380 --------- B4c --------- Altshuller Terminal -- 14 LY
LHS 2037 -------- 3c ---------- Springer Prospect ---- 37 LY
LHS 332 --------- A1c --------- Gagnan Reach --------- 50 LY
LU Velorum ------ 1 ----------- Bakewell Laboratory -- 50 LY
LU Velorum ------ 5b ---------- Velho Relay ---------- 50 LY
Kokoto ---------- 3c ---------- Terry Camp ----------- 63 LY
Kutkha ---------- A2A --------- Ali Survey ----------- 64 LY
Huangais -------- A1 ---------- Stairs Settlement ---- 74 LY
Nebtete --------- A3a --------- Shaw Prospect -------- 76 LY
Nebtete --------- A7a --------- Bacigalupi Landing --- 76 LY
Tamor ----------- 8D ---------- Armstrong Relay ------ 76 LY
KZ Andromedae --- 1A ---------- Baxter Camp ---------- 77 LY
CPD-51 3323 ----- 1d ---------- Hunziker Enterprise -- 78 LY
CPD-51 3323 ----- 1d ---------- McDivitt Vision ------ 78 LY ------------- Rating of 0.57
Aasgay ---------- A4 ---------- Forstchen Terminal --- 86 LY
Miao Thixo ------ 2A ---------- Sekelj Laboratory ---- 88 LY
Miao Thixo ------ 2A ---------- Wellman Survey ------- 88 LY ------------- Rating of 0.40
Komovoy --------- B4a --------- Vogel Lab ------------ 88 LY
89 Leonis ------- 3C ---------- Ozanne Observatory --- 89 LY
89 Leonis ------- 7D ---------- Burgess Holdings ----- 89 LY ------------- Rating of 0.40
89 Leonis ------- 7D ---------- Payne's Inheritance -- 89 LY ------------- Rating of 0.40
Bestia ---------- A2E --------- Blackwell Laboratory - 92 LY

CIF Rating of 0.60
System: --------- Body: ------- Port Name: ----------- Distance to Sol: -- Notes:
Ross 730 -------- A1 ---------- Rominger Mines ------- 28 LY
Ross 730 -------- A1 ---------- Al-Battani Landing --- 28 LY ------------- Rating of 0.40
LP 322-836 ------ B2 ---------- Auld Prospect -------- 52 LY
Tama ------------ B2 ---------- Adams' Folly --------- 55 LY
Mbukuravi ------- 2 ----------- Wnuk-Lipinski -------- 67 LY
Ross 788 -------- Ambleside --- Barnes Terminal ------ 85 LY
Snoqui Xian ----- A6 ---------- Morgan Refinery ------ 88 LY
Snoqui Xian ----- B7 ---------- Atiyah Relay --------- 88 LY ------------- Rating of 0.45
Teleut ---------- C1 ---------- Britnev Terminal ----- 93 LY
Sabihilo -------- C1 ---------- ger's Progress -- 99 LY
Sabihilo -------- C2 ---------- Hurston Vision ------- 99 LY

CIF Rating of 0.57:
Gendalla -------- A5A --------- Caselberg Relay ------ 17 LY
Delta Pavonis --- Gold -------- Ejeta Relay ---------- 20 LY
Wyrd ------------ Lister ------ Gulyaev Vision ------- 34 LY
G 173-53 -------- Lister ------ Grijalva's Inheritance 39 LY
LP 672-42 ------- B10c -------- Blaschke Base -------- 43 LY
LFT 992 --------- B5A --------- Scithers Beacon ------ 43 LY
Ross 584 ---------------------- Binder Beacon -------- 51 LY
Ross 584 ---------------------- Kwolek Settlement ---- 51 LY ------------- Rating of 0.45
9 Ceti ------------------------ Kanai Port ----------- 68 LY
V640 Cassiopeia - A6A --------- Fibonacci Survey ----- 70 LY
LTT 1935 -------- F1 ---------- Lavrador Base -------- 71 LY
LTT 4487 -------- 5d ---------- King Camp ------------ 74 LY
LTT 4487 -------- 3a ---------- Janszoon Laboratory -- 74 LY ------------- Rating of 0.40
Uelloskima ------ C3 ---------- Kronecjer Relay ------ 78 LY
CPD-51 3323 ----- 1d ---------- Hunziker Enterprise -- 78 LY ------------- Rating of 0.61
CPD-51 3323 ----- 1d ---------- McDivitt Vision ------ 78 LY
Asegezites ------ 5d ---------- Treshchov Survey ----- 79 LY
Ipillke --------- B8A --------- Lorrah Camp ---------- 83 LY
Ipillke --------- A6A --------- Scheutz Lab ---------- 83 LY
B2 Carinae ------ A4D --------- Ricci Vision --------- 86 LY
B2 Carinae ------ A5B --------- Alvarado Reach ------- 86 LY ------------- Rating of 0.50
Hedetet --------- 11 E -------- Cartan Survey -------- 87 LY
Komotae ----------------------- Vittori Base --------- 89 LY
Raksaka --------- 3F ---------- Garan Horizons ------- 92 LY
Acan ------------ A6A --------- Saavedra Survey ------ 93 LY
Yu Tiku --------- A4a --------- Kawanishi Enterprise - 96 LY

There is a small bit of missing data, but I plan to fix this when I have access to the tools required to do so. Please let me know if this was helpful to you. Thanks in advance.

-SweetSoccerMoves

Excellent work! Thanks!

Right now, Fujin system is producing really decent amount of CIFs (bring goods missions, transport refuges). Boom, war, famine. Bring there lots of Combat Stabilizers and Advanced Medicine. Also install minimum Economy class 16 cabin. Drop rate is quite high currently. Server update in progress, we shall see afterwards.

Edit: Futen Starport at Fujin still producing CIFs for passengers.

Last edited:
This doesn't seem to be working anymore. I've tried 5 of the sites in the .61 list, and none work. When scan is finished I get a "Security Lockdown" message and a countdown to reset. Tried waiting out the countdown, scanning other towers, etc. Over an hour spent and not a single piece of data to show for it.

RE: This doesn't seem to be working anymore

This doesn't seem to be working anymore. I've tried 5 of the sites in the .61 list, and none work. When scan is finished I get a "Security Lockdown" message and a countdown to reset. Tried waiting out the countdown, scanning other towers, etc. Over an hour spent and not a single piece of data to show for it.

Hello AirBear,

You'll need to scan ALL the scan locations at the site before the lockdown timer ends. Make sure you drive around, find them all, and then lot out the quickest route between them. Column "F" in my sited Google Doc may have a map of your location. Please let me know if this helps. :)

-SweetSoccerMoves

I've partly given up on surface scans now and do missions. I've scanned 20 bases in two days, and got 9 CIF, about 30 odd MEF and loads of junk.

Is this still good?

My .50 are you meaning 50% chance?

Yes, sir. '.50' is a 50% chance. I wanted to keep the same format as the source documents. I have been looking for 'Modified Embedded Firmware' the past few days and following my post here. It's been working well for me. I can only assume that this CIF information is still accurate, if the MEF information in the linked post still is. I have not been looking for CIF, so I cannot say 100%.

-SweetSoccerMoves

The data in the linked spreadsheets is very helpful.

For me, with some relief, it confirmed that my own base scanning schedule is as good as it gets ...

... as I just do all known M6H and S4H every two weeks.

That said, like others I'm tending to the view that mission running may be more efficient, at present.

Let me take this opportunity now that the thread has been bumped again to thank the op, using this list I was able to obtain 2.4 CIF per base (admittedly due to a very lucky run where I got 15 from two bases, some were far more disappointing) by just running the first 10 in the .61 list. So thanks, it's definitely still effective for me, on that day (was Sunday in case anyone is curious).

The one called gagnan something is hostile by the way, I was lucky I parked the ship behind a hill or I would have been looking at the rebuy screen. ;)

Thank you very much for this!
I visited 10 bases yesterday (I skipped LHS 332/Gagnan but just started at the top of the page) and received 11(33) CIF.
This was very helpful!

This was extremely valuable to me.
Avoid Gagnan Reach; however, as it is a hornet's nest of skimmers.
By the time I beat them back I had about 30K in bounties and hunters followed me all the way back to Susano.

This was extremely valuable to me.
Avoid Gagnan Reach; however, as it is a hornet's nest of skimmers.
By the time I beat them back I had about 30K in bounties and hunters followed me all the way back to Susano.
Oh forgotten thread
Lost to the ages
Arise and return
To the frontmost pages

Really, et tu, Warg?

Oh forgotten thread
Lost to the ages
Arise and return
To the frontmost pages

Really, et tu, Warg?
This information is very valuable for those of us who are putting together a build to hunt down murder hobos in Colonia.

You'll be flying along some day and suddenly you'll notice your ship is melting, the result of getting hit with long range lasers from a ship in a different freakin' system. You'll fly around like "oh no, oh no, oh no" and I'll be like "heh, heh, heh" and it will be too late as your hull collapses and the vacuum of space claims your lifeless corpse. And then, later, as I'm cuddling your poor space widow she'll ask, "Why did he have to die?" and I'll tell her that you were mean to me on the forums and she'll say, "Yes, it all makes sense now."

To end on a positive note: We'll give all your tasteless personal effects to the local Goodwill.

This information is very valuable for those of us who are putting together a build to hunt down murder hobos in Colonia.

You'll be flying along some day and suddenly you'll notice your ship is melting, the result of getting hit with long range lasers from a ship in a different freakin' system. You'll fly around like "oh no, oh no, oh no" and I'll be like "heh, heh, heh" and it will be too late as your hull collapses and the vacuum of space claims your lifeless corpse. And then, later, as I'm cuddling your poor space widow she'll ask, "Why did he have to die?" and I'll tell her that you were mean to me on the forums and she'll say, "Yes, it all makes sense now."

To end on a positive note: We'll give all your tasteless personal effects to the local Goodwill.
Except it's all useless info as you can simply run a MEF mission or two and downtrade 1 MEF for 9 CIF.
No more grind to find.

Top Bottom