Ships creative uses of Fer-de-Strut?

Really hate this ship from many reasons - ganker connotations, ugly look, off-centered seat and the strut. Simply I don't like, will never use one for pvp combat, got other ships for that - such as FAS or Mamba.
Anyways one FDL serves me as module storage and it is irritating me to the point where I take that E-rated FDL and fly around the station. I don't know, maybe I'm fixated too much on things I don't like about FDL and I was thinking about turning this ship into something more creative something that perhaps would help me liking this ship a little more, like going totally unorthodox with my FDL and building a smuggler boat or a fast miner able to dig locally and kill those pesky pirates appearing in the mining zone. Now, got any good and fun builds?

Deleted member 121570

D
It's a pretty decent medium class slow-ship racer. It's plenty manueverable enough that on slow courses it can do ok.
Fast though, it ain't.

I know @Rick6549 used a FdL for mining... no idea about the build though.

The most unorthodox combat build for a FdL is a phasing shieldless build I saw in some Truesilver vids. Quite fun.

The craziest was a player in the Kumo who built a shieldless Imperial Hammer gunboat FdL with just heatsinks and Hammers. I multicrewed for a laugh as he filleted a Python in seconds as the flames licked about the seats :D

I hated the FDL for a long time for most of the same reasons (particularly the off-centre cockpit).

But after loading it up with multi cannons, pack missiles and loads of armour it's become my main PVE/Bounty Hunting ship.

It can happily take out Elite NPC corvettes (I ended up fighting two at once today which was pretty fun) and keep up with the smaller agile ships pretty well.

That -pit still gets on my nerves though.

I hated the FDL for a long time for most of the same reasons (particularly the off-centre cockpit).

But after loading it up with multi cannons, pack missiles and loads of armour it's become my main PVE/Bounty Hunting ship.

It can happily take out Elite NPC corvettes (I ended up fighting two at once today which was pretty fun) and keep up with the smaller agile ships pretty well.

That -pit still gets on my nerves though.
Would you care to share your build?

Would you care to share your build?

Yeah sure dude.

Hardpoints
4a MC G5 Overcharge + corrosive shell
2 x 2f MC G5 High Cap + incendiary rounds
2 x 2b packhound missle G5 High Cap + overload munitions
Utility
2 x shield booster G5 Heavy Duty + super capacitors
Kill Warrant Scanner
Heat sink Extra Ammo
2 x Point defence
Core
1a Military Hull G4 Lightweight + deep plating
6a Power Plant G3 Armoured + thermal spread
5a Thrusters G5 Dirty Drive + drag drives
4a FSD G5 Increased + deep charge
4D Life Support
6a Power Distributor G5 Charge Enhanced + cluster cap
4d Sensors G5 Lightweight
Optional
5c Bi-weave Shield G4 Reinforced + fast charge
4d HRP G5 Heavy Duty + deep plating
4d Guardian MRP
2e Cargo
1a Fuel Scoop
1a Collector Limpets

It runs a little warm with all guns firing but it'll do circles round the big ships all day long.

Top Bottom