Crusading to Ishum - Personal Log

Day #32: Apr 9th, 3306
==================
After days of pecking away Ly by Ly I am now real close to the core. The density of stars is simply gorgeous!
70-stars-densed.jpg

Is it a glitch in the ED skybox rendering? Because this look unnatural.
71-stars-half.jpg

Here we go! I had to stop for few minutes to contain my excitement before I hit the jump button. The Sag A* awaits!
72-approach-sagA.jpg

And just like that! I am here! The core of our Milky Way right in front of my eyes!
73-sagA.jpg

I have only seen pictures of other commanders taking few moments infront of this majestic BlackHole and now I am here, leaving my mark.
75-sagA-cockpit.jpg

I did not know that EDSM keeps a log of visitors at major POIs!! There I leave my digital foot print! :)
76-sagA-edsm.JPG

Proud to see the Crusader in the travelled ship list at Sag A*. The least likely ship in the list to leave a mark.
77-sagA-crusader.JPG

I have made it to the final destination of my journey. Next destination: Colonia, where I will live next several weeks and a get a taste of outside bubble living. Going to make a quick stop at Explorer's Anchorage before heading out to Colonia.

Now that the journey is coming to an end soon, I am realizing what pulls explorers out in the black over and over again. Although little sadden about this soon to be completed journey, I am already planning my next one. I will be back again, in to the unknown!

It doesn't remove this effect in 100%, cause "feature", but you can manually change amount of stars on skybox by change values in GraphicsConfiguration file.
After it of course i see it, but for example i don't see 1 ultra dense cube and no stars in other part of sky, I see 3-4 cubes :)

Day #32, Apr 9th, 3306
===================
En route to Explorer's Anchorage station to stretch my (non-existing) legs.
78-sagA-exp-anchrge.jpg
Approaching Explorer's Anchorage.
79-sagA-exp-anchrge-dock.jpg

Going to do few repairs and restock. Thinking about dropping one of AFMU and have a Docking computer module installed. Don't want to take risk of losing all the Data during manual docking. I was really sweating during docking here.
80-sagA-exp-anchrge-dock2.jpg

It was great to visit this lonely station out here. Got a chance to chat with one of the black hole Scientist doing research. According to him the regular visits from tourists keeps their loneliness away quite well.

Time to plot the last stretch of the journey, to Colonia.

To OP real grind starts after Sag A, that it is just nice trip in local neighbourhood....and at least you have galaxy to look at. After that, well eventually you'll look just black abyss. And every jump you do is one jump more away from civilisation....

Last edited:
To OP real grind starts after Sag A, that it is just nice trip in local neighbourhood....and at least you have galaxy to look at. After that, well eventually you'll look just black abyss. And every jump you do is any jump more away from civilisation....
I know exactly what you mean! This was a round trip started from Volkhabe > Colonia > Beagle Point > Ishum's Reach > Sag A* > Colonia. As I got closer to beagle point then to Ishum's Reach it was literally Abyss out there! From Sag A* going back to Colonia to conclude this trip.

Day #33: Apr 11th, 3306
===================
I cannot believe how dense the stars are in and around the core. I have to zoom all the way in to the galaxy map to pin point something. As I jump away from Explorer's Anchorage the beginning of the end of this journey has started.
After ~10,000 ly of uneventful jumps, I finally came to the last neutron. This boost will take me right into Colonia.
82-final-boost.jpg
I prepare for the last jump of this month long trip:
81-colonia-jump.jpg

Just like that the chains of boost jumps, AFMU repairs, honk/scan, jump came to end as I slowly approach Jaques station.
83-jaques.jpg 84-jaques-dock.jpg

And touchdown. My tired and beat up Crusader docked safe and sound. It has done well, earned my respect and a permanent place in my garage. It has successfully transported me to Colonia, crusaded to Ishum and conquered Sag A*. Now first thing to do is make an appointment with station mechanic and paintshop.
85-final-land.jpg

What??? 50 mil to transfer my Krait from my home system in volkhabe?? Checking out the local ship yard looks like I can buy a brand-new krait mk2 for 44 mil! I knew ship transfer would cost money but did not think this much. I wonder how much it is going to cost to transfer my engineered mods here!!
86-shiptransfer-cost.jpg

After I discovered the bad news of ship transfer cost, I was surprisingly presented with great news of this after I started selling my data!! I am now in Elite!
87-elite-exp.jpg

And what's this! Permit for Founders World. I vaguely remember coming across that name few weeks ago but never really looked into. Have to look it up what the Founders Wold all about.
88-permit-founders.jpg

Conclusion
=========
This concludes the journey of Crusading to Ishum.
I want to thank all the commanders whose shared knowledge has made it possible for me to make this trip in a ship that no one wants and possibly the first Crusader to visit Ishum's Reach. No one ever turned me away when I sought questions during my time or preparation of this journey. You have helped me learn so much.

All the commanders who kept in touch with me in this log, who answered me and pointed me to right direction, I wholeheartedly thank you.

One of the secondary reason to go on this trip so early in my career was to find out if Exploration in the deep was truly my thing and not just novelty. Yes, I will go out again in the unknown. Having tried different profession, I can say Exploration indeed pulls the string of my heart.

Now it's time to rest and then get back into some work to make some money for those Ship transfer and see what Colonia is all about. :)

End of Log.

I know exactly what you mean! This was a round trip started from Volkhabe > Colonia > Beagle Point > Ishum's Reach > Sag A* > Colonia. As I got closer to beagle point then to Ishum's Reach it was literally Abyss out there! From Sag A* going back to Colonia to conclude this trip.

Day #33: Apr 11th, 3306
===================
I cannot believe how dense the stars are in and around the core. I have to zoom all the way in to the galaxy map to pin point something. As I jump away from Explorer's Anchorage the beginning of the end of this journey has started.
After ~10,000 ly of uneventful jumps, I finally came to the last neutron. This boost will take me right into Colonia.
View attachment 169082
I prepare for the last jump of this month long trip:
View attachment 169081

Just like that the chains of boost jumps, AFMU repairs, honk/scan, jump came to end as I slowly approach Jaques station.
View attachment 169083 View attachment 169084

And touchdown. My tired and beat up Crusader docked safe and sound. It has done well, earned my respect and a permanent place in my garage. It has successfully transported me to Colonia, crusaded to Ishum and conquered Sag A*. Now first thing to do is make an appointment with station mechanic and paintshop.
View attachment 169085

What??? 50 mil to transfer my Krait from my home system in volkhabe?? Checking out the local ship yard looks like I can buy a brand-new krait mk2 for 44 mil! I knew ship transfer would cost money but did not think this much. I wonder how much it is going to cost to transfer my engineered mods here!!
View attachment 169086

After I discovered the bad news of ship transfer cost, I was surprisingly presented with great news of this after I started selling my data!! I am now in Elite!
View attachment 169087

And what's this! Permit for Founders World. I vaguely remember coming across that name few weeks ago but never really looked into. Have to look it up what the Founders Wold all about.
View attachment 169088

Conclusion
=========
This concludes the journey of Crusading to Ishum.
I want to thank all the commanders whose shared knowledge has made it possible for me to make this trip in a ship that no one wants and possibly the first Crusader to visit Ishum's Reach. No one ever turned me away when I sought questions during my time or preparation of this journey. You have helped me learn so much.

All the commanders who kept in touch with me in this log, who answered me and pointed me to right direction, I wholeheartedly thank you.

One of the secondary reason to go on this trip so early in my career was to find out if Exploration in the deep was truly my thing and not just novelty. Yes, I will go out again in the unknown. Having tried different profession, I can say Exploration indeed pulls the string of my heart.

Now it's time to rest and then get back into some work to make some money for those Ship transfer and see what Colonia is all about. :)

End of Log.

Congratulations on your achievement :) looks like you've caught the explorer bug all right... see you out in the black one day.

Congratulations :D. My trip at 2019 was from Bubble straight to Sag A, then little visit to Explorer's Anchorage, and straight to Beagle point. From Beagle little backtracking to start position of then best known route to Ishum's Reach. After that I setted my route towards edge of Galactic core. Near core region I went for neutron highway and towards Colonia. Never before I have felt when I arrived at Colonia that I'm nearly home already :D

Congratulations on your achievement :) looks like you've caught the explorer bug all right... see you out in the black one day.
Haha, indeed you might be right.

.....................Never before I have felt when I arrived at Colonia that I'm nearly home already :D
I think I know the feeling. :) I never lived in Colonia before. Left bubble with Ishum's Reach as main destination then settle in Colonia after returning. But as I got close to Colonia from Sag A, it did feel like, I am coming back home!
Wondering if I ever go back to the bubble.

Top Bottom