Newcomer / Intro Current Assets Query

Hey All,

Can I please check if I've got this right?

• Modules: Can be resold for the full purchase price.
  • Ships: It looses some of its value as soon as you fly it off the dealers parking lot.
  • Upgraded Ship: You get the resale value of the ship plus a "second hand" price for any of the better modules you've fitted.
-Therefore: Before selling an old ship, it's better to strip it back to type E Core and empty Optional modules and then sell the ship and modules separately.

Also: Is your "Current Assets" value (Codex Stats) based on simply selling off your stored ships and not the ship + stripped out module amount?

Thanks if you're able to enlighten me.

Withnail67 - o7

Yes.

The ship sale is 90% of purchase price. Modules sell for full price.

Assets are the value of your ships, all modules (mounted or stored) plus cash on hand.

Therefore: Before selling an old ship, it's better to strip it back to type E Core and empty Optional modules and then sell the ship and modules separately

Correct.

Assets are the value of your ships, all modules (mounted or stored) plus cash on hand.

Do you know if Assets values all your modules at full resale price, or are modules fitted to stored ships only counted as though you sold the ship as is?

Just trying to make sense of the amounts earned Vs spent - the things you do while waiting for your collector limpets to finish hovering up from a nice rich astroid!

Do you know if Assets values all your modules at full resale price, or are modules fitted to stored ships only counted as though you sold the ship as is?

Just trying to make sense of the amounts earned Vs spent - the things you do while waiting for your collector limpets to finish hovering up from a nice rich astroid!
The assets value displayed in the right-hand panel is based on money spent, not money potentially gained by selling them

I was always told you should sell all your modules before selling the ship, otherwise you'll lose money. I guess the core modules you'd sell and fit with stock. How much you actually lose I guess depends how much the modules outfit are. This was in the first years of ED so things could have changed since then.

I was always told you should sell all your modules before selling the ship, otherwise you'll lose money. I guess the core modules you'd sell and fit with stock. How much you actually lose I guess depends how much the modules outfit are. This was in the first years of ED so things could have changed since then.
No changes there is still 10% cut taken on the price you get for any ship and it’s modules, hence the advice to remove all none core modules before the sale and to fit the cheapest core modules possible.

This doesn’t get mentioned so much nowadays as getting credits is seen as being so easy

I guess it's still good advice, especially for new players trying to build up some profitable ships. I've got a couple of modules that have served me well in several ships. I've gone from doing everything in a Keelback (the first ship I bought after reading up on the affordable options) to having a mining Krait II, an exploration Asp X and a Dolphin passenger liner.

Once Cr$1m is just loose change, I can see why some don't bother stripping out modules before selling old ships.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Top Bottom