Custom Logos

Does this game support customised logos via upload or creation in game? A means of allowing a group of players to visually distinguish themselves?

Hrm ... interesting considering the time it has been out for.

I doubt the coding behind it is overly grand, a patch/logo/symbol gives a community or sub-community something that binds them together. It promotes a sense of pride when worn for all to see, it combines, glues and stitches together a culture of togetherness.

Are the dev team open to and have they activity implemented community suggestions in the past?

Last edited:
Hrm ... interesting considering the time it has been out for.

I doubt the coding behind it is overly grand, a patch/logo/symbol gives a community or sub-community something that binds them together. It promotes a sense of pride when worn for all to see, it combines, glues and stitches together a culture of togetherness.

Are the dev team open to and have they activity implemented community suggestions in the past?

Problem is, you will have a group design a logo with a giant PeePee as its emblem.. you know it, I know it.. And Frontier dont want to have the added task of having to approve each submitted logo for approval, its a waste of man hours.

Yes it would be nice to have, but its something that eventually would be abused.

Last edited:
Does this game support customised logos via upload or creation in game? A means of allowing a group of players to visually distinguish themselves?

When ship naming is a thing (soon) you could make use of that for clan identity marking (a text prefix to the ship name).

The name of the ship will (that was the intention) show on the outside of the ship.

I would guess it will likely be just text only that will be allowed (filtered of course) but never say never.

The text sizing may be restricted so as not to interfere with paints and decal positions though.

All good.

Many games do the logo thing very well with limited to no rude looking ones, I guess you can accept that there will be people out there that feel the need but they can be just as bad if not worse with names.

Warframe has an awesome way of displaying them and even as recent as For Honor allows you to make a logo, yes people will always be creative but to not proceed based on a minimal percentage only impacts those willing to support and stick around.

ED in its current state just isn't ready for that. Perhaps when the Commanders update is released and the Colonia Expansion Initiative matures there maybe more of a need for distinguishing player groups.

So you can submit and request a logo?

All of the current in-game player decals were rewards to specific groups for having done something "above and beyond" in-game. If you're player group contributes something to the community then there might be a slim chance that you might get a decal but don't hold your breath. These have been exceptions to the rule.

Top Bottom