Horizons "Cut The Power" issue

So from what I've been reading, these and a few other surface missions are routinely bugged. But my issue is that the generator was either A. Not spawned, or B. Spawned in an area I cannot get to.

Place was walled off entirely, too high for max jump. Landing inside isn't an option because 20 turrets go hostile... dead before you can go SRV. Nothing outside but 2 data pylons and a security access panel. Which just made everything go hostile.

I'm really trying to enjoy this, but so far I've spent about 3 hours not being able to complete any surface missions which was kind of the selling point of Horizons.

Is there another method of access to these outpost locations I missed? Because I tried everything from aerial assault to trick jumps in gaps of piping... Notta.

So from what I've been reading, these and a few other surface missions are routinely bugged. But my issue is that the generator was either A. Not spawned, or B. Spawned in an area I cannot get to.

Place was walled off entirely, too high for max jump. Landing inside isn't an option because 20 turrets go hostile... dead before you can go SRV. Nothing outside but 2 data pylons and a security access panel. Which just made everything go hostile.

I'm really trying to enjoy this, but so far I've spent about 3 hours not being able to complete any surface missions which was kind of the selling point of Horizons.

Is there another method of access to these outpost locations I missed? Because I tried everything from aerial assault to trick jumps in gaps of piping... Notta.

I had a really hard one, and I've just complete a dead easy one, and got paid 248,000 cr for it.

I would hope they are all not like this, and I hope some are impossible. Intel can't always be right.
Have you tried other planets.

:D

Last edited:
These were all in the 120k range, me security ++. I'm all for a challenge, and for higher pay I'd expect higher difficulty. My issue is it couldn't be done, period. No generator on outside, in any location near installation. And I had time to look... turrets weren't aggro until i accessed the security panel, or opened fire.

Then there's the "can't get in the base" issue... which I'm assuming is the key here. Generator is in base, and you can't get in.

Just kind of a buzz kill after nailing that 25k interdiction bounty on the way to a broken mission.

Had no problems with "Cut the power" missions, but a few times generator is behind locked doors/fields. These can be opened by accessing data points near the doors/fields.
But these are private data points so fine and base becomes hostile.

Also from SRV or ship using outside/debug cam to look over base before entering.

Hope this helps.

I have attempted one of these mission impossible scenarios, ended up taking out the generators with the ships weapons after killing all base defences, still failed the mission for unknown reason.
I think that the item must be destroyed with the SRV to count but that is just a guess.
There better be some SRV upgrades in the works or many of the +++ bases will be off my list as defences are too much for the equipment provided to do the job.

I found that you can get around those security doors pretty easily. Most of them are placed on ramps, and there's usually not much on either side of the security door so just hop up along the railing and boost a little to the left (or right) past the security door and over the railing.

Last edited:
I found that you can get around those security doors pretty easily. Most of them are placed on ramps, and there's usually not much on either side of the security door so just hop up along the railing and boost a little to the left (or right) past the security door and over the railing.

There is also the possibility of scanning some items from outside the base (ops beacons usually). Unless the faction already has you on its KOS list, they should not be aggressive until you take an action (scan or shoot something or jump into a secured area). There is ALWAYS a ramp or opening into the base... just may take some time to find it. The harder +++ places take patience, good target awareness/management, and the occasional hiding behind something to recharge the shields... if you cannot find the easy path first, that is. Jumping the doors ../\.. that shortcuts many seconds of scanning the access panels.... and starts the agro... so be ready for that and have some extra repair mats on hand, JIK.
oh... and Watch out for that Ga.al..egf'a'....... <scccrrrrrrrrrrrrrr>

The "Fuel Pump Generator" type of those missions seems impossible to me as there are no fuel pumps at the given stations. Tried that mission type twice, wiped the whole area, destroyed all existing generators at least twice (they magically respawn after a while) and no mission update.

The missions could really do with a bit more defined directions.
At the moment they are vague and some are totally bugged.

Check that Data-linking the external terminals does not open a gate to gain access to an inner area
This - took me a while to figure out that the Security access point opens the door to get into the base. Later I accidentally discovered that it is possible to drive up the tilted walls. The SRV must have some kind of Gecko-wheels.
The naming is a bit odd. Or a little bit more description would be nice. On the other hand it took me only 45 min to solve this ;) Next time it will go faster.

It got this mission for a +++ base.. Took out all defenses with my 8 lazered anaconda, drove to the generator in my SRV and shot it... mission accomplished.
THen I did another one only in the srv.. sneaky sneaky to the generator.. spot an exit route, shoot and run!.. mission accomplished :)

Cut the Power:

A few nights ago I too took on a cut the power misson, Where I had to get to the top of this blood great Building, I could not find away to get to it, but while driving around the building I noticed that part of the building had a very steep slope to it about 75 to 80 degrees, I thought "No Chance, but I'll give it a shot" I put the SRV up to the wal then with a very slow crawl the SRV went up the wall to the top, and allowed me to complete the misson. I hope it works for others?

A few nights ago I too took on a cut the power misson, Where I had to get to the top of this blood great Building, I could not find away to get to it, but while driving around the building I noticed that part of the building had a very steep slope to it about 75 to 80 degrees, I thought "No Chance, but I'll give it a shot" I put the SRV up to the wal then with a very slow crawl the SRV went up the wall to the top, and allowed me to complete the misson. I hope it works for others?

^^^ that's why I called them Gecko-wheels earlier on :D

1) Get two dumbfire hardpoints.
2) Spray-paint the heck out of the base
3) Mission accomplished.

The American way, yeeeah! I always do these from the ship. Sure, can't lock on to the generator, but just shoot everything with the lasers till it pops. Easy peasy.

We got to be missing something. Took a mission to locate some missing goods. Could never find them. The mission only showed the planet I was on as the mission point, but the description says located on planets. Who knows where they could be. FDs mission description is a little vague causing issues, or we just haven't figured it out yet. I'm leaning toward a combi of both.

Top Bottom