Dark Web for the Google Chrome browser

Greetings,

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place on the Forum but the moderators will figure it out. Playing ED it does improve game play per a suggestion. There may also be other ways to do this that I didn't check out. I welcome other solutions.

Playing ED on a PC with a fancy curved wide screen or using multiple monitors with the game in one window and an Internet fan website support in another? Going to EDDB with that white background screen or any other website with a white background your eyes adjust making it harder to see the game. This solution resolves that and works.

Enter the Dark Web theme extension for Google Chrome where a toggle button turns on/off the dark mode for all web pages. It is free at no cost. One can even check out HOTAS controllers on Amazon or maybe buying a harmonica or anything else while you are waiting for the ED ship approaching a distant station. We have a lot of time in ED so adding a little real life to the game without straining our eyes is helpful. Note that I have no clue with VR players.

I just thought to pass this along. This is not a discussion about the 'purity' of playing the game without fan website support. Each player makes that decision. Start your own post if you want to go there. It is more about having a real life maybe even paying the monthly bills online while playing ED. Here's the link. You decide.

Enjoy
EDDB.jpg

Last edited:
OK EDDB I found the B/W theme toggle button next to the upper left logo. Not seeing your post I would miss it every time going to EDDB. Maybe this post will help others. Meanwhile outstanding! Frontier should pay you for the best support website when a player wants info about most play styles in the game short of combat. Even then maybe you have info but I'm not into that. But being a UK game and lawyers well you know...:(

Last edited:
Yes, 'Dark Web" can be sinister but often good. Protect your PC. 'Deep Web' don't let them get your IP address with apps designed to access it and for fun delete your Windows folder on the C drive. We are going another direction on this thread...

Expected illegal drug, weapons, and pr0n0gr4phy sales. Am disappointed.
I think most, if not all, websites need a night time or dark theme. It just makes sense.

Been just using Inara instead of EDDB since Inara, while not truly dark, is way darker that EDDB is by default.

Back
Top Bottom