Community Event / Creation DarkenSpace (dramatic ED series)

Nicely done! Had a bit of a hard time following the voices over comms that were a little too much scrambled for my poor non-native ears to pick up but, other than that, that was nice to see Darven back into action!

Nicely done! Had a bit of a hard time following the voices over comms that were a little too much scrambled for my poor non-native ears to pick up but, other than that, that was nice to see Darven back into action!

I wondered about that, since I came up with a new and more realistic effect for radio for this one. I considered dialing the intensity of the effect back a bit, but in my own tests it seemed intelligible on all platforms, so I went with it. I admit that I didn't think about viewers who don't have English as their first language. Oops. :)

Well, in a few days I should have the closed captions for the episode done, and then you can turn those on to see what (if anything) you might have missed.

An FYI - if you want to watch (or rewatch) the DarkenSpace series, I suggest you do so before the end of December 2019. The YouTube/COPPA settlement is introducing the risk of huge fines levied by the Federal Trade Commission against content creators, with those making adult-themed content with video games being particularly vulnerable, because the rules are so vague that there is no way to answer the question "is this intended for kids" that the FTC can't overrule if they feel like imposing a fine. So it appears I have no choice but to remove DarkenSpace from the Internet before January 1st, 2020.

Draven...

I really enjoyed your videos, as did a lot of others. It is a shame they are gone from YT. I wanted to show them to a few people who have decided to get this game.

Thank you for the memories. I hope you can find a home for them someday.

Draven...

I really enjoyed your videos, as did a lot of others. It is a shame they are gone from YT. I wanted to show them to a few people who have decided to get this game.

Thank you for the memories. I hope you can find a home for them someday.
Where i can watch the episodes? I am new to Elite and i'm interested in this :)

I'm very sorry guys, but DarkenSpace is gone from the Internet for good. I won't risk putting them on YouTube again in the wake of this COPPA thing (which could still rear its ugly head at any time without warning whenever the FTC decides it is ready to start their threatened "creator sweeps" and collect some fines). Anyway, DarkenSpace didn't generate anything close to enough rewards for me to put my future at such a risk again, and I didn't find any other options that wouldn't cost me far more money than I would ever see back from the videos (not to mention that the FTC could very well be looking to other video hosting sites for the same treatment next).

Anyway, I really do appreciate that a few people enjoyed the videos, but honestly I've been forced to admit that DarkenSpace was a failed YouTube channel. Consider that the final episode (which I considered to be about 1000% of an improvement over the debut) barely managed to eke out 3K views over the nearly three years it was online, so the interest simply wasn't there anymore, if it ever was. And I will never again risk making or posting any more game-related content of any kind, because of this law putting videogame-related content into a permanent "may be deemed illegal anytime we feel like saying so" zone. The FTC can find their "fish in a barrel" to fine into poverty somewhere else.

Quality is not necessarily measured by popularity. Many brilliant pieces of work are not appreciated by the masses.

Top Bottom