General / Off-Topic Dealing with the police can be... frustrating.

It’s officially cosha merchandise now (police approved) so get it in writing (as keyboard was heard typing in background) Next stop.... EBay !

Flimley

Last edited:
London ceased the stop and search and now it has become a warzone. Congolese and Somali gangsters came over to the UK with a brutal modus operandi. This forced the native London gangsters to step up to the violence and here we are. London is not safe. Moped gangs and knife crime is off the charts.
When you read the British news, it's easy to get a feeling that London is becoming unsafe, but try and do the math. There were 136 homicides in London in 2018. It's a city with a population of ~10 million. The chances of being killed by a murderer are slim to none. On the other hand a new report released this year showed that living in a polluted city, and London is one, is as dangerous as smoking cigarettes. That goes for the kids as well. If you want to stay alive for a longer time, leave the cities.

I had the other side of the experience a while ago. The garden shed was left unlocked and my power tools went missing. The local free magazine had an article reporting of the arrest of a gang of thieves that had been stealing from cars and sheds. It said that anyone who had lost stuff should contact them. So I gave them a ring. Although the article mentioned sheds, they were only interested in theft from cars. They wouldn't even put my report on the file.

I lived in Moss Side, Manchester for two years. No problems at all even walking home at 2am. The public phone was always in working order. Gang violence is between gangs and rival drug dealers and they don't poo where they eat.

I know the police only start bothering with burglaries around here when there is a spike in the number of burglaries and it look like someone new has entered the area. Otherwise they presume it the same people and they either don't leave evidence behind or they do but gathering evidence again is considered a waste of time. They eventually they will be pick up and they will match evidence in a database and sent down. They pretty much expect insurance to cover the cost of anything stolen rather than be expected to recover it.

As to the neighbour, it sound like what he needs is the intervention of adult social services and the local mental health team and the police. It likely he suffered a loss recently and is using the local scumbags as they are the only ones who have shown any interest in being a friend to him in the local community. They are acting as a replacement for the person he loss. They are taking advantage of his generosity and his need for friendship to steal from him.

Hopefully the local cop realise this an are trying to help.

Last edited:
But what do the police of the police ?

If what you are trying to say is, who police the police, in the UK there is two authorities who are suppose to do this. Our local elected Police commissioner who are suppose to deal with complaints and bring the public concerns to the police chief and local officers.

An then there Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) who investigate complaints about the police.

That in addition to parliamentary investigations, people suing the police in the courts, and public enquiries. Coroners investigations.

An organisation like the Information Commissioner who investigate police around how they hold data.

There are other commissioners empowered by parliament and home office who keep a eye on other aspects of the police forces in the UK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom