Dinosaurs General Gameplay Deep Lakes and Dinosaur Swimming

Hello! This is my first idea that I am bringing here in the Forum.

As shown in some franchise movies, some dinosaurs on very sunny days love to cool off by entering rivers.

(imagem meramente ilustrativa)
It would be nice to add deeper lagoons, giving some species like Spinosauridae, Baryonychinae and some Hadrosauridae species the opportunity to swim there, and dinosaurs who can't swim would only drink water in the lake. Of course, deep lake would not be allowed on all islands, only islands that are further inland would be allowed, which would be the Matanceros, Sorna, Sublocity, Cloud Island and North Cloud Island islands.

( imagem meramente ilustrativa)
And maybe even bring a new attraction to the game!
The boat ride.
Visitors would be left without boats or canoes able to see the dinosaurs at a safe distance; Even carnivores who cannot swim could be seen by this attraction, but those who do not know if this attraction were mounted with a spinosaurus or barionx would result in death. of visitors caused by it. Besides these bad sides, it would be really cool to see a brachiosaurus swimming beside a boat or canoe !!

( imagem meramente ilustrativa)
Well, that's my idea, leave suggestions.

Last edited:
I like it. Deep water could act as a fence between two species that can't swim or traverse it. However, I know making new animations can be a hassle, which this idea would require. As a result, I feel as if only the four spinosaurids should be able to swim. They could all be given the same swimming animation, so that only one new animation would be required. Meanwhile, I feel as if the hadrosaurs should be left in the category of dinosaurs that won't be able to traverse deep water. Sauropods would be easy because I imagine they would just use their normal walking animation to traverse deep water.

I like it. Deep water could act as a fence between two species that can't swim or traverse it. However, I know making new animations can be a hassle, which this idea would require. As a result, I feel as if only the four spinosaurids should be able to swim. They could all be given the same swimming animation, so that only one new animation would be required. Meanwhile, I feel as if the hadrosaurs should be left in the category of dinosaurs that won't be able to traverse deep water. Sauropods would be easy because I imagine they would just use their normal walking animation to traverse deep water.
I had not stopped to think about this idea, but really the deep lakes could act as fences between two species, would make packs much more natural

People rarely ask for these things because they assume it would be impossible to implement. But yeah, swimming is one of those essential behaviors that should be in the game. It's painfull to watch the Homalocephale walking in the water.
Exactly man, swimming is a feature that should have already been implemented but not on such a large scale, leaving only small dinosaurs like Homalocephale swimming instead of being able to breathe underwater.:(

Honestly, I wouldn't really be bothered if they left Homalocephale walking through the shallow water. My main concern is the spinosaurids being able to swim. All other dinosaur types I feel like it's one of those things where it's like, "there's more important matters. They'll get to it if they have time."

People rarely ask for these things because they assume it would be impossible to implement. But yeah, swimming is one of those essential behaviors that should be in the game. It's painfull to watch the Homalocephale walking in the water.

Just wait to 'see' the Compys, then lol

No, seriously, deep water is a must, as well as more water mechanics and landscaping tools (waterfalls, fountains, running water as opposed to the stagnant one we have now etc). I'm really tired of trying to create rivers on these hellishly uneven maps. No way to connect two water ponds...

Hopefully, this will be one of the top-most worked features in the next steps for 2020.

The problem with such basic and simple things like moats and deep lakes, which could work as natural barriers, is that they would nullify the game's only difficulties. That's the problem when you have such a simplistic game. So I doubt Frontier will implement them.

The problem with such basic and simple things like moats and deep lakes, which could work as natural barriers, is that they would nullify the game's only difficulties. That's the problem when you have such a simplistic game. So I doubt Frontier will implement them.

Please, explain this because I don't see how this could nullify any dificulty. In fact, improved water mechanics could implement new levels of dificulty:

Stagnant water VS Running water: the first could be used just the same as now for shallow depths and as a separating means if deeper, but would increase the risk of most ambiental diseases (ala corpses); the second cannot be really deep and wouldn't poison any dino, but would almost certainly kill any small dino (compys, dilos, etc).

Deep VS non-deep water: the second would work mostly as it does now, but deeper waters would surely ocupy much more space, thus restricting the already limited building space. Obviously, deep water wouldn't count as 'swamp' for the spinosaurid's territory.

Please, explain this because I don't see how this could nullify any dificulty. In fact, improved water mechanics could implement new levels of dificulty:

Stagnant water VS Running water: the first could be used just the same as now for shallow depths and as a separating means if deeper, but would increase the risk of most ambiental diseases (ala corpses); the second cannot be really deep and wouldn't poison any dino, but would almost certainly kill any small dino (compys, dilos, etc).

Deep VS non-deep water: the second would work mostly as it does now, but deeper waters would surely ocupy much more space, thus restricting the already limited building space. Obviously, deep water wouldn't count as 'swamp' for the spinosaurid's territory.

Anyone can realise the reason the parks fail in the films is poor design and (in JW's case), stupidity. And why would stagnant water increase disease risk? Unless there's already a correlation in the game, it would only happen if they implement it. And running water would be dangerous only if the AI can't handle it. And building constraints are manageable.

Top Bottom