COMPLETED CG Defence of the Galactic Summit (Bounty Hunting)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Credits and paints are Now available for BH'ers
EwMT6clWYAARgLR

I just started playing ED a few days ago on PS4 and tried my noobie heart out to get top 10 Cmdr. I went from an Adder to Viper MkIV to Krait MK2, died and couldnt cover insurance so back to a Sidewinder and worked my way up to a Fer-De(rp)-Lance.
My final contribution was 158,605,671 Credits, I made the top 10% atleast haha
Holly, what a rollercoaster of a week! I guess grinding for faction ships gives me something to aim for but at least now I can grind and go rolling around in an unengineered Anaconda or something.

Another good CG, this. Those paints are hideous, in my view, and no motivation. Our group again hit this one hard, but not as much as last week. Some seemed to need a break haha. I hit 50% running coffee in the Cutter, and 25% clipping bounties in the Krait. In all, about 250m in proceeds between CG rewards, coffee sells and bounties. Half the cost of the Cutter anyway. What's next?

I just started playing ED a few days ago on PS4 and tried my noobie heart out to get top 10 Cmdr. I went from an Adder to Viper MkIV to Krait MK2, died and couldnt cover insurance so back to a Sidewinder and worked my way up to a Fer-De(rp)-Lance.
My final contribution was 158,605,671 Credits, I made the top 10% atleast haha
Holly, what a rollercoaster of a week! I guess grinding for faction ships gives me something to aim for but at least now I can grind and go rolling around in an unengineered Anaconda or something.
Doing rescues from any of the burning stations is supposed to be a good way to acquire rank from that stations faction.

Still, when a refugee messages you seconds after you pick them up to say that they appreciate the timely rescue, but they have places to be, don't you want to say, "I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about that"?

I mean, they're paying and all but, read the room, guys...

Still, when a refugee messages you seconds after you pick them up to say that they appreciate the timely rescue, but they have places to be, don't you want to say, "I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about that"?

I mean, they're paying and all but, read the room, guys...
Before I stopped reading those messages (which would be halfway through loading the ship on my first rescue) I was saying sorry that isn’t enough money to get me to leave your friends and family to burn to death.

About the only notice I take of messages when doing rescues is to see if the number of messages is less than the number of passenger groups I have collected.

I do rescues because they are rescues not for the money.

They're not all 'impatient' messages. Sometimes, they're speed bonus', giving you three minutes to get to the rescue ship. Which are just as redundant, as yes, money isn't the incentive here.

Edit: to be fair, the materials are an incentive.

I very lightly role play my CMDR as a rich, selfish jerk who's just in it for the action or thrill of discovery; any altruistic actions have to be entirely on his terms.

I'll pitch in with the rescue effort and if anyone whines too much, they're getting ejected into the jet cone of a white dwarf.

Last week makes sense now.

This week, a Cobra paintjob and 10 free Clippers.

Next week, Python paintjobs and 10 free Anacondas (with mugs)?
Guess we'll never know, now.

My own guess was based on my continuing readiness to confuse the Clipper with the Cutter, though. Which, as a Youtuber pointed out, FDev seem to have done themselves, because in maritime history, the Clipper is the far larger vessel.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom