Derelict Space Stations, Outposts and/or Capital Ships

Originally posted in Gameplay and Features, someone recommended that it be posted in Dangerous Suggestions. Several members had interesting and nuanced ideas to add on to this:

There really need to be some structures in places where combat might occur, to add texture, variety and tactics to combat beyond 'dogfight in open space.' Being able to fight around a huge derelict space station, for instance, could be an amazing experience. And, it would make that launch trailer with the fighters skimming along a space station closer to a reality (because if its derelict, you don't need to worry about space station security ;) ). Maybe it is an old Coriolis station that was hammered by 'small' asteroids that punched holes in its sides, or tore it apart in places. Maybe a space station that was under construction, but was then abandoned because [reasons]...it wouldn't be wreckage as much as just incomplete. Empty hulls of capital ships and wreckage from ancient battles would be awesome. How about a shipyard our military base that was ravaged by war and abandoned? Things like this could also be places for exploration/scavenging...some important military data was stored at the old base that needs to be retrieved. Other ideas?

I hope things like this are coming... :) They would really add life/interest to the galaxy while deepening gameplay.

I love this idea; I've really enjoyed dropping into a USS to find the wreckage of a ship and some cargo pods to salvage. The idea of doing this on a much larger scale, and possibly having to fight off other vultures is really cool.

Awesome idea - having derelict stations and capital ships would really flesh out the empty space.

I'd like to fly around a ship graveyard, maybe hunting for things to scavenge.

Top Bottom