Desperately needed - expanded outfitting information

There's no way to tell how much better X module is over Y (beyond its "class" and such, which doesn't really tell me much of anything), and the whole optimal mass thing is a headache to put up with. For instance, what does optimal mass have to do with a shield generator, and how should I know what my ship's overall optimal mass is for the module to work at maximum efficiency? If a module's class is better and its rating is lower than my currently-outfitted module, is it better or worse than what I have? What effect, if any, does a module's power draw have (below the maximum) on my ship's thrusters, weapons, and so on? How much faster and more maneuverable am I going to be with X thrusters as opposed to Y thrusters? For that matter, what *is* the relationship between class and rating? How about integrity -- how much health does X module have over Y, and is it a meaningful thing to consider when buying a new module?

It's all extremely confusing without numerical values. I need to be able to see how much damage, in a numerical format, shield generators can take before going down. I need to see how much numerical damage my weapons are doing beyond a vague line bar (apparently, railguns are effectively useless despite having a high damage rating, for instance). I need information concerning resistance modifiers on weapons so that I know what effect my weapons are going to have against shields and hulls. I need more information about optimal mass, including a potential warning if attempting to purchase a module that exceeds optimal mass. I need all of these things before I screw up and spend 500,000 credits on inefficient upgrades because I had no idea what I was doing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom