Detailed reason for docking request denied and implementation of Queue system for automated docking computers

Nothing delights me more than when I get constant docking denied messages with no god damn reason given for WHY this is not only annoying but wastes a lot of time trying to figure it out. I suspect the majority of these are caused by full pads however in this situation it should include that status message in the response and if you have a docking computer it should NEVER deny your landing request due to full landing pads but should instead put you into a waiting queue like it does during auto launch when waiting for the mail slot to clear

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not gonna work too well in open.
If it's an AFK Commander blocking the pad for an hour...
Happens regularly at outposts and rescue ships.

If it's an NPC, it could be implemented, because if you spam the docking button, they move anyway.

Can't you work it out? Most times I get denied when I approach I can select the NPC inside the station. Not sure if that happens for CMDRs. Or else if you're not close enough it does tell you in the Comms window. And if you're hostile that's pretty clear. Relog to solo normally sorts things out 🤷‍♀️

Even so that brings me to the second point if you have auto dock you should not get denied due to a full pad but get placed in a queue instead
They could do that - but as others have said: you end up in a queue waiting for a CMDR to undock who's gone AFK .... not really great is it?

They could do that - but as others have said: you end up in a queue waiting for a CMDR to undock who's gone AFK .... not really great is it?
I think time limits on Rescue ships would be good.
Or being able to shoot them on the pad.

Not that I get annoyed about it or anything.

(Mah immershun!) :ROFLMAO:

This: He was there over an hour.
D-LeqqtWsAAcSwg

Last edited:
Most times I get denied when I approach I can select the NPC inside the station.
Same here. Happens time from time with outposts. Sometimes I'm too lazy to relog and prefer just to wait. NPCs undock very fast.
Not sure if that happens for CMDRs.
I can say for sure that the time when CMDR will undock is unknown. I can say it because I am CMDR and can hang on a station planning further routes.

Same here. Happens time from time with outposts. Sometimes I'm too lazy to relog and prefer just to wait. NPCs undock very fast.

I can say for sure that the time when CMDR will undock is unknown. I can say it because I am CMDR and can hang on a station planning further routes.
Possibly people loitering for a board refresh too?
Saw this a lot at Robigo Mines.

Last edited:
Quick question if a ship enters hangar does that free up the pad or is it still considered in use ??

It's in use, otherwise how is the other ship going to get out...

This will change when a player logs off in the hanger, it's when you see the pad do a weird , random turnaround with nothing on it to reset itself.

I do see a potential fix for this issue. Virtual hangar instances linked to the pad. A ship landing on a pad sets it to in use however when that ship enters a hangar a unique hangar instance is created for that ship linked to the main lift. A pilot attempting to launch while a ship is occupying the pad will trigger that ship to enter a hangar instance until its ready to launch ships in the process of launching will simply trigger a short wait period for those still in a hangar. pilots without launch assist will be notified to clear the pad within 30 seconds (or the game can just fudge it by giving them enough of a vertical push on launching that they clear the pad without needing to do any maneuvering to prevent greifing by blocking the pad.)

All you would need is to slightly adjust the animations to play a prolonged lift sequence as the lift shaft already extends well below the hangar so adding additional hangars would be fairly easy to do by stacking them in the lift shaft. regardless of wether or not whether each pad has a fixed number of hangars or they are procedural generated based on traffic. In the event of variable number of levels the last ship goes into storage last ship = lowest sub level hangar or first vacant hangar level lowest level is pruned when no longer used

Last edited:
I do see a potential fix for this issue. Virtual hangar instances linked to the pad. A ship landing on a pad sets it to in use however when that ship enters a hangar a unique hangar instance is created for that ship linked to the main lift. ...........yada yada yada...

You seem to ignore the fact that the hangars are modelled into the station model. You are proposing a TARDIS-like excuse of absurdity. Change mode if blocked.

EDDI tells you the reason for a denied docking request, ED is outputting the data to the journal.

I was under the impression they also added the docking info to the top right status panel on the HUD, this was done a few patches back, I’ll have to check later.

@Corian, pay attention to the design of the landing pads and hangars, what you describe is not possible.

Top Bottom