Developer Diary #1 - A World Evolved

@Jens Erik The generation of footprints should be delayed a bit because the pachycephalosaurus´s footprint appears before it has finished treading.
Why the footprint is bigger than the paw?
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-24 a las 21.05.51.png

Last edited:
Will the sandbox mode be locked when we start the game for the first time? And will there be other marine reptiles and flying reptiles than Mosasaurus and Pteranodon?

Will the sandbox mode be locked when we start the game for the first time? And will there be other marine reptiles and flying reptiles than Mosasaurus and Pteranodon?
Not sure about the first (although it sounds like no) but I'm pretty sure the answer to the second is yes.

Another question regarding sandbox mode (which probably can‘t be talked about yet I know xD) I have is: will we be able to do research and fossils extractions there as well? I really missed that option in the first game because I like the feeling of progression while building and would love to have that integral part of the game available for SB as well, not just the other modes where I‘m forced to play under the conditions the game sets for me (with storms , contracts etc.)

For example: I‘d love to build a park from scratch, send out expeditions and everything but at the same time I don‘t wanna deal with power plants and contracts, but that isn‘t possible in any mode of the first game. It‘s either all there already and you don‘t get to do anything but build or you have to deal with all the other stuff ob top of it.

So yeah, the option for us players to decide whether or not the genomes and research are already completed when playing sandbox would be much appreciated!

Chaos Theory
I seen video talking about this so the ideas i listed is a good idea how it can happen in the game!

Will you rebuilt the park place buildings in different area? Will you add more buildings to the park?
Will the tours have different things apart from a jeep?
Will you refence the park so its more secure??? So the dino cannot escape in the event of a power failure?
Will you shift the generator room some where else so its more secure?
Will you have backup power???
Will you fire the staff so the event of Jurrassic park 1 never happen?
Will you do something to the dino so in the event of escape they will not live on??
Will you make the park all herbivore so the carnivore will not be an issue?

I would really love something like this where players step in and decided everything about the park, the dino, staff and what they are going to do about it.

How to test Chaos theory?
Well it could be in real time they could be a button where once you have made sure everything is set then you allow the game to cause issues to your park. First it could start out what occured in the 1st movie but gradually more and more problem occur and you need to try and fix that.

Sabotage??? And real danger?
I hope we can get scentist with hidden motives like in the 1st jurrassic park movie where he locked out every one and endangered the lives of all the sceitnist and crew on the island cause he wanted to ship out the eggs.

There just has not been something like this in the game where you start to really feel danger as your park shuts down and people panic and can die and lead to very serious consequences. I hope this can be replicated in the game where scientist can do this to your park and systems and the visitors are not just robot but with feelings. So if the park shut down they need to be taken to a facility where its safe? Or try and head back safely? But then things change like in the movie and they can get lost and you need to go out there and find them!

No magical radar to locate these visitor they been some where in the large massive park in fear and its your job to send a team if you have any left to rescue and find them. While the dino are out hungry and wanting to prey on them!

I don't want to see just a park of dino living there but a dangerous one that put fear into players and anger from the board if anything goes wrong!!!!

Please do not forget to add something like this and make it dynamic and that means advance AI for guest, Dino, staff so they will react in a smart way that can provoke these feelings in a player.

When there is a flashing light players heart beat needs to be panicking not pause game and make a plan to see how to restore the park. Maybe you cant restore power to the park cause well someone got to go to the power generator and rebot it. Someone need to hack into the mainframe and restore prvillages. If your comp scientist are dead then your not going to restore security?

How about your security officer?
So they need to be brough in to contain these aggressive dino or genetic one that gone mad?

How about faction soldiers?
Like in the movie they drop in cause one of the mad scientist in charge of the project decided he wants to secure his assest so it be good if scientist have hidden evil or good agenda and only in a major disaster or some kind of event that his real motive get revealed? You just never know until you see what they bring to the pack???? That will bring some exciting things for players not knowing if your staff will be loyal or turn on you.

Have you seen Oxygen not included?
It has one of the most complex management game on gas and if you can learn from that and add that managment to your game so players manager many many things in the game hardcore players will love you for it. :)

Last edited:
Another question regarding sandbox mode (which probably can‘t be talked about yet I know xD) I have is: will we be able to do research and fossils extractions there as well? I really missed that option in the first game because I like the feeling of progression while building and would love to have that integral part of the game available for SB as well, not just the other modes where I‘m forced to play under the conditions the game sets for me (with storms , contracts etc.)

For example: I‘d love to build a park from scratch, send out expeditions and everything but at the same time I don‘t wanna deal with power plants and contracts, but that isn‘t possible in any mode of the first game. It‘s either all there already and you don‘t get to do anything but build or you have to deal with all the other stuff ob top of it.

So yeah, the option for us players to decide whether or not the genomes and research are already completed when playing sandbox would be much appreciated!

Maybe a mode where different events are generated and you just have to deal with those events and not worry about building will be very interesting? Modders can create these events and posted it up on steam and players can have fun on succeeding the challenge. :) I know some strategey games like this but you will need a very good map editor so players can create these scnearious and be played out! Maybe even recreate everything from Jurrassic park in the game and players have to go through the events and see what they will do different how they would help the people be in safety? Would they send children and the Neil out in the wilderness or some place better? I think this should be part of the chaos theory so players can test things out and see if it will work or not????? :)

Top Bottom