Did disk of Milky Way change or did my DK2 broke my GPU?

I just had a few days break from ED testing (after 11+ months very intense testing), as I got frustrated at setting my DK2 and Saitek X52 PRO flight stick (haven´t yet actually tried to finish setting those, just wanted to play ED again with mouse and keyboard).

I put my DK2´s HDMI with (DVI to HDMI) convertor to DVI plug in my single GPU (I already had my tv, primary monitor, in its HDMI), and installed 2.0.4 and rest required, and my DK2 seemed to work, eventhough withouth head tracking yet... I noticed (from "stretching" of station walls in 3D, and considering later possible SLI with 2x680 OC 2GB) that perhaps I should have plugged (and installed) it into one of my desktop´s motherboard DVI/HDMI-slot, yes?

Now in my primary monitor (too) Milky Way-disk seems very "dark" (see pics) compared to Beta 2 (yes I know space is dark, but I were under impression we had final version), did FD change graphics, or is problem in my graphics settings, or did I damage my GPU/system? Other graphics like cockpit/planet/asteroids dont seem to be effected (much anyway), and game runs about at similar FPS as before (and as in "stretching" 3D station walls I managed to get directly from GPU with OR, when it were "secondary display"). Also my head movement now gets stuck into left panel after I exit Galaxy Map (keys start to response differently what they are mapped after that, and head is stuck to left panel until I go to options with ESC).

Does anything here indicate I should uninstall and install again something? Maybe even restore my system to date before getting Oculus Rift?

EDIT: Oh and yes I had same issue with map and OR DK2 last week days ago.....

EDIT 2: It seems that jump has now lot less colour than in beta 2, is that intended too?

Last edited:
I just had a few days break from ED testing (after 11+ months very intense testing), as I got frustrated at setting my DK2 and Saitek X52 PRO flight stick (haven´t yet actually tried to finish setting those, just wanted to play ED again with mouse and keyboard).

I put my DK2´s HDMI with (DVI to HDMI) convertor to DVI plug in my single GPU (I already had my tv, primary monitor, in its HDMI), and installed 2.0.4 and rest required, and my DK2 seemed to work, eventhough withouth head tracking yet... I noticed (from "stretching" of station walls in 3D, and considering later possible SLI with 2x680 OC 2GB) that perhaps I should have plugged (and installed) it into one of my desktop´s motherboard DVI/HDMI-slot, yes?

Now in my primary monitor (too) Milky Way-disk seems very "dark" (see pics) compared to Beta 2 (yes I know space is dark, but I were under impression we had final version), did FD change graphics, or is problem in my graphics settings, or did I damage my GPU/system? Other graphics like cockpit/planet/asteroids dont seem to be effected (much anyway), and game runs about at similar FPS as before (and as in "stretching" 3D station walls I managed to get directly from GPU with OR, when it were "secondary display"). Also my head movement now gets stuck into left panel after I exit Galaxy Map (keys start to response differently what they are mapped after that, and head is stuck to left panel until I go to options with ESC).

Does anything here indicate I should uninstall and install again something? Maybe even restore my system to date before getting Oculus Rift?

EDIT: Oh and yes I had same issue with map and OR DK2 last week days ago.....

EDIT 2: It seems that jump has now lot less colour than in beta 2, is that intended too?

have you tried adjusting the ingame gamma setting?

Yes. LoL think I missed my medication that day, forget this okese plz, I´m pretty sure space is now what it is about in release, bright Milky Way we had in Beta 2, think that´s some athmospherical effect near planets.

Well, I´m still having more stress even to get it started to configurating my X52 Pro or OR . I´m Atari/Amiga guy (their joysticks had 1/2 button and no need to configurate much), Windows says no and I am not available to save the world next few weeks/monts.

Fortunately things with Greece and Russia are starting to look better :)

Top Bottom