Different Rift experience with beta3 and latest firmware?

I used a borrowed Rift for a few days during Beta 2 (amazing) and recently again during Beta 3 with the latest Beta firmware.
I immediately got the idea the 3d effect changed for the worse. The cockpit feels smaller, stations at a few km distance seem quite flat and most noticeably the galaxy is now clearly projected on the inside of a sphere.
Anybody else with a similar experience and tips on how to fix it?
I'll borrow it again in a few days and will try older firmware.

I used a borrowed Rift for a few days during Beta 2 (amazing) and recently again during Beta 3 with the latest Beta firmware.
I immediately got the idea the 3d effect changed for the worse. The cockpit feels smaller, stations at a few km distance seem quite flat and most noticeably the galaxy is now clearly projected on the inside of a sphere.
Anybody else with a similar experience and tips on how to fix it?
I'll borrow it again in a few days and will try older firmware.

Sorry that's not something I have seen/heard of before.

Apparently the IPD is reset with beta 3 (I certainly found it as 0 in my configuration). Check IPDAmount in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\ProfileDB.json

Details thanks to El_MUERkO on Reddit (/r/oculus/comments/2l7e1a/, which I can't hotlink as a new user)

Yea this helped my sidepanels to be more stable. Before they always went off when i wasnt looking exactly in the right direction and super stable.

Thanks for the tips, I just hooked it up again after doing a complete reinstall of the drivers and everything is hunky dory again.

Top Bottom