Dinosaurs that need frontier-dedicated skins

Frontier has been retroactively working on amazing original skin patterns for models like the 2001 Pteranodon, Brachiosaurus, 1997 Stegosaurus, and many others.
I think is just a question of which species we will see expand skin options in the next update. Here are a few animals that I think deserve A little bit of ''Skincare''

Velociraptor 1999 and 2001
Most people go for the iconic movie skins, not just because they're from the movies, but because the skin/pattern selection for the Raptors is just not good.
A great way to fix that would be to make original frontier skins for the JP and JP3 models.

Spinosaurus
Another species that would benefit a lot from Frontier's creative touch! Brighter colors, maybe some blue options, and a different skin pattern would make this guy pop a lot more, in my opinion!

Other possibilities:

Triceratops 1993
Carnotaurus (Malta)
Ankylosaurus 2001

I think all models above would benefit from this. What species would you like to see getting the same treatment? I'd love to hear it!

The Ankylosaurus 2001 and Triceratops 1993 skins for sure will be given the “Variant” treatment. I have no doubts on that.

Before, I thought the Brachiosaurus 1993 might as well, because it’s actually a different mesh as proven in an old 2019 BestInSlot video. But, after messing around in the Species Viewer, I no longer think so because various skins from all PDLCs have their own unique model meshes and mappings, albeit at a very minor scale in comparison to the variants.
(ex: The CC dino pack’s Toro skin is actually a different mesh with a few slightly different osteoderms and horns, and the three Baryonyx skins have a different mapping texture for the animal’s scales than the base game skins.)
Since I feel the 1993 Brach’s model differences are on par with most of the DLC special skins, I no longer think it will become a “Variant”.

The JP trilogy Velociraptors I’m not sure how they would do that, if they have decided so, because the 1993 and two 1997 meshes are exact, just with multiple year dates, and the two 2001 raptors each are a different mesh.

The DLC skins, namely the T-Rex 65 MA, Carnotaurus 2022, and Parasaurolophus 2022. I know some ”Skins” have been changed into “Variants”, and that they have pretty good radical differences, but these said designs are advertised as “Skins” on their respective storefront pages of the PDLCs they’re in. What I’m getting at is, even if they really want to make them into “Variants”, they may technically be unable to so because it’s too late. I have doubts they, or any dev or publisher will be able to legally change their advertisements of released DLC products.
But, I’ll be very surprised in a good way if they do make them into “Variants”, tackling any potential obstacles they may face to succeed on that.
Spinosaurus
Another species that would benefit a lot from Frontier's creative touch! Brighter colors, maybe some blue options, and a different skin pattern would make this guy pop a lot more, in my opinion!
What are you talking about? Spinosaurus in-game doesn’t have a “special skin or model” for a “Variant”, and it has a huge choice of colors for both the skins and patterns from Reds, Greens, Yellows, Blues, Purples, etc.

Last edited:
The Ankylosaurus 2001 and Triceratops 1993 skins for sure will be given the “Variant” treatment. I have no doubts on that.

Before, I thought the Brachiosaurus 1993 might as well, because it’s actually a different mesh as proven in an old 2020 BestInSlot video. But, after messing around in the Species Viewer, I no longer think so because various skins from all PDLCs have their own unique model meshes and mappings, albeit at a very minor scale in comparison to the variants.
(ex: The CC dino pack’s Toro skin is actually a different mesh with a few slightly different osteoderms and horns, and the three Baryonyx skins have a different mapping texture for the animal’s scales than the base game skins.)
Since I feel the 1993 Brach’s model differences are on par with most of the DLC special skins, I no longer think it will become a “Variant”.

The JP trilogy Velociraptors I’m not sure how they would do that, if they have decided so, because the 1993 and two 1997 meshes are exact, just with multiple year dates, and the two 2001 raptors each are a different mesh.

The DLC skins, namely the T-Rex 65 MA, Carnotaurus 2022, and Parasaurolophus 2022. I know some ”Skins” have been changed into “Variants”, and that they have pretty good radical differences, but these said designs are advertised as “Skins” on their respective storefront pages of the PDLCs they’re in. What I’m getting at is, even if they really want to make them into “Variants”, they may technically be unable to so because it’s too late. I have doubts they, or any dev or publisher will be able to legally change their advertisements of released DLC products.
But, I’ll be very surprised in a good way if they do make them into “Variants”, tackling any potential obstacles they may face to succeed on that.

What are you talking about? Spinosaurus in-game doesn’t have a “special skin or model” for a “Variant”, and it has a huge choice of colors for both the skins and patterns from Reds, Greens, Yellows, Blues, Purples, etc.
I don't think that would be an issue. They went back for Pierce (CC Kentrosaurus), CC Ouranosaurus, Allosaurus 2022, and Dreadnoughtus 2022 which are tied to PDLCs, even though they were originally variants. I agree that the Velociraptors is an interesting one, but I'm curious to see what they could do with it.

About the Spino, What I mean is that I would love to see Frontier creating an original pattern instead of using the movie version for its standard pattern. And about the colors, I strongly suggest you check again. Yes, the colors are vibrant, but the variety is lacking. There are at least 4 shades of green and no blue body color.

Last edited:
I don't think that would be an issue. They went back for Pierce (CC Kentrosaurus), CC Ouranosaurus, Allosaurus 2022, and Dreadnoughtus 2022 which are tied to PDLCs, even though they were originally variants. I agree that the Velociraptors is an interesting one, but I'm curious to see what they could do with it.
Those (Ouranosaurus 2015, Kentrosaurus 2015, Dreadnoughtus 2022, Giganotosaurus 2022, Allosaurus 2022, and Dimophodon 2022) are advertised as “Variants” in their respective storefronts, thus they got the variant customization treatment. The rest are advertised as “Skins”, so I don’t know if any of those will be changed into “Variants”.

Those (Ouranosaurus 2015, Kentrosaurus 2015, Dreadnoughtus 2022, Giganotosaurus 2022, Allosaurus 2022, and Dimophodon 2022) are advertised as “Variants” in their respective storefronts, thus they got the variant customization treatment. The rest are advertised as “Skins”, so I don’t know if any of those will be changed into “Variants”.
Correct, but remember that those we call ''variants'' today used to be just ''skins'' initially. And every major update we got since Dominion has come with a handful of variants that used to be skins, especially the PDLC ones.
In any case, I'm just speculating here based on what frontier has been popping lately.

Top Bottom