[Disregard] Here's a challenge: How do you scoop Anomalies?

EDIT: Stand down, probably. Albus Bell Molluscs also appear on the cargo scoop HUD... but appear to go straight through the cargohold. Might bugreport it just in case. Knew I got excited too quickly...
REFER BUGREPORT:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/480771-Albus-Bell-Mollusc-appears-scoopable-but-isn-t

So, based on this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ot-Beta-quot-Ryder-know-that-EDDB-doesn-t-yet

... we know "anomaly particles" are a commodity type.

We also know that the various things we're finding around in space can be interacted with in a variety of ways.

While faffing around with anomaly particles, i stumbled upon the fact that the P/Q/L/whatever-type Anomalies appear to be scoopable in your cargohold.

[video=youtube_share;6qyPtwSTwZM]https://youtu.be/6qyPtwSTwZM[/video]

... emphasis on appear. In the video, I demonstrate the following:
- Absence of cargo scoop HUD when cargo scoop open and nothing targeted.
- Absence of cargo scoop HUD when something unscoopable (Flavium Crystal) is targeted and cargo scoop is open.
- Appareance of cargo scoop HUD (and cargo location indicator) when targeting an Anomaly.

This implies we can scoop it up (and presumably; get anomaly particles). However if you try, well, firstly, you suffer adverse effects from proximity to the anomaly. Secondly, they move around, a lot, and the adverse effects disrupt the cargo scoop HUD. Thirdly, well, I tried, and it just seemed to bounce. when I got what I felt was "in the hole". Fourthly, they move around when you get very close, so even if you had a scoop line, it'll be incorrect as you get closer.

Intuitively, I tried a (1E) collector limpet against the Anomaly, but that didn't work either (invalid target). So presumably, you need to "disable" or "neutralise" them first... kinda like how we need to shoot Ancient Relics out of their slots, or Thargoid Probes off the tentacles. So, things I've tried (not in that video) are:

- Shooting it, with a variety of weapons (lasers, guardian tech, multicannons)
- ECM
- Field Neutraliser
- Silent Running
- Cold Running
- ECM
- Disco honk
- Every scanner imaginable, even pulse-wave scanners
- Lights
- Ramming
- Shields up
- Shields down
- Various other limpets (recon/research/etc... all invalid targets)[1]
- Probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting

... no effect.

So now I'm throwing it to the crowd. It looks like these should be scoopable... question is, how?

[1] Prospector limpet is the only one which fires, because it doesn't need a target. Targetless collector doesn't let the limpet try to collect it.

Last edited:
I'm out exploring and tried some of the same things. Apparently just "pretty things" to see. Some of them shock you, others just damage the hull if you bump into them. Again, "pretty things". Would have preferred something you can obtain from them other than an entry in the Codex, but it is what it is.

Have You tried to drop guardian relic in-front of them? (tinfoil)

Liked 00:38 moment at 140 m distance.

What are those triangles on the radar?

Fly safe!

Last edited:
Comodity listed in FC beta

Attachments

• Anom.png
    Anom.png
    18 KB · Views: 254
Top Bottom