Diving mecanic is totally broken (sometimes)...

Yes, but in my case, it's not a deep issue, it's a bug that forbid the game to detect the depth. Sometimes it's debug by itself, without I did absolutly nothing, but not so many times after that, it rebugs...

01.JPG.jpg

For example, here is the same enclosure than in my previous screenshots : I did absolutly nothing, but now my beavers are fine and dive to live their best life. But I know this is temporary, and I play something like 20 minutes, the bug will come again, while I'll don't do anything on this enclosure.

It's a pretty nightmare, it's the case in ALL my zoos and for ALL the aquatic animals !! Am I the only one with this bug ? o_O

Yes, but in my case, it's not a deep issue, it's a bug that forbid the game to detect the depth. Sometimes it's debug by itself, without I did absolutly nothing, but not so many times after that, it rebugs...

View attachment 266809

For example, here is the same enclosure than in my previous screenshots : I did absolutly nothing, but now my beavers are fine and dive to live their best life. But I know this is temporary, and I play something like 20 minutes, the bug will come again, while I'll don't do anything on this enclosure.

It's a pretty nightmare, it's the case in ALL my zoos and for ALL the aquatic animals !! Am I the only one with this bug ? o_O
wow yea that's different than mine. It has to be the fact that they changed the depths for some animals that it just completely messed up how animals and the game detect depth. I'm sure its caught their attention by now so hopefully a patch next or the following week.

I cant remember where you send them too, I know I've seen it somewhere in the forum. But they often ask people to send their ave files in

I also have this issue, but for me it works to remove something in the water (plants, platform, underwater feeder,..) and then undo it.

Hey Frontier, this bug is always here, and it's impossible to use animals from your new pack like Asian Otter without make them very sad because sometimes they can't dive (and sometimes they can, even if you didn't anything in the habitat, and then they can't dive, etc...)

PLEASE : communicate about this bug, it's a 1,5 year bug, tell us if you can or note remove it, it's very frustrating !!!!

Sometimes if the water area isn't wide enough they won't dive either. Currently had this happen for an american alligator habitat. Despite having over 4m of depth to work with, the pool isn't large enough for them to move around in I guess. Also I noticed the underwater feeder doesn't release fish anymore and the animals just eat the water now. Hopefully they fix this with the diving issues.

Indeed, but the bug I talk about is something than happen sometimes : animals can totally dive, they live their best life, and one minute later, even if you didn't change anything on their habitat, they can't dive, without any reasons and they're really sad, even if the water is pretty wide. And then, sometimes, they miraculously can dive again aaaannd 5 minutes after : NOPE. 90% time : they can't dive. 10% they can. Totally randomly.

Yeah, there are still major problems with diving and the bug where water isn't recognized. My diving animals are also often stuck/frozen in the water which is fixed by removing it and adding water again.

PLEASE, Frontier, PLEASE.
Could you solve your broken diving mecanics or at least communicate about it 🥲 🥲 🥲 🥲 🥲
1,5 year issue, still absolute silent.
Beavers, Otters (including new ones, 10euros for the pack...), Seals, Penguins, etc... every one of them totally broken 95% of the time, are unhappy because they can't dive while they can 5% of the time...
COULD YOU TRY TO SOLVE IT if you make us bought new aquatic animals, PLEASE ??
01.JPG (2).jpg

Last edited:
I also sympathize, and hope there is a fix coming for those affected soon. on occasion I'll have the game not recognize the water depth for some animals, even though the animal can reach the water. One thing that's fixed that every time is removing then replacing the water. Granted that shouldn't be what should have to be done, just offering a possible fix.

Sorry if the message is aggressive, but yeah, it's a really bad problem in those to whome it happens 😭
I would love to replacing the water, but 3x/4, it makes the game crash.
And yet, my PC as pretty good perfomances 🥲

01.JPG (2).jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom