DNA, Lagoons & Customization

Hi !

Those new decorations are amazing, we can create so much things with them. These updates are great to improve the game. But there is three things missing.

First : A sandbox option without restrictions in DNA manipulations, like in the first game.

Second : Making the lagoons as customizable like others habitat, with rocs and vegets. Everybody love these gorgeous aquatic creatures, it's so sad we can't make beautiful lagoons for them. They deserve it !

And third : More building customization, even more now since you put new decorations from the movies. We now have a spino skeleton, just like the 2015's movie, but we don't have the buildings like the two in front of the mosasaurus lagoon in the movie. These building was in the first game as gift shop, why there's not in the second game ? And if we want to recreate a Jurassic World like the movie, it will be cool if we can have some customization like the T.Rex Kingdom or this kind of thing.

I'm not complaining, I love the game, and you're listening the players, just like the fix list shows. Sees these three requests as the cherry on the cake to make an ultimate Jurassic World experience !

And of course thank's for everything you shared with us, this good stuff and DLC. Dinosaurs continue to rule the Earth on my computer !

It would be nice if we could marine rocks that were some what covered in algae, which the size could vary like the ones that can only go land or shallow water, as decorations to put in the lagoons. I like @Pierrosaure idea of having different feeder types for the marine species. From what I have seen in certain documentaries plesiosaurs were known to not only eat fish, but also eats stingrays and small sharks. Its interesting to think about but feeder some suggestions for the durophages could be provided by adding an option to change the terrain on the on the bottom of lagoon to a shellfish bed, which could allow the animals to be able off food from the enclosure without needing a feeder to provide that food, similar to the dinosaur herbivore species. I have discussed my other suggestions in a previous post. I hope @HeatherG found the information in that post to be useful.

Yeah the lagoons are still one of the few areas in the game that don't have much interactivity. Of course some things like breakouts wouldn't really work for lagoons. But it would definitely be nice if there were more management and maintenance attached to it.

It would be nice if we could marine rocks that were some what covered in algae, which the size could vary like the ones that can only go land or shallow water, as decorations to put in the lagoons. I like @Pierrosaure idea of having different feeder types for the marine species. From what I have seen in certain documentaries plesiosaurs were known to not only eat fish, but also eats stingrays and small sharks. Its interesting to think about but feeder some suggestions for the durophages could be provided by adding an option to change the terrain on the on the bottom of lagoon to a shellfish bed, which could allow the animals to be able off food from the enclosure without needing a feeder to provide that food, similar to the dinosaur herbivore species. I have discussed my other suggestions in a previous post. I hope @HeatherG found the information in that post to be useful.
I love the idea of shellfish beds as a type of feeder. It would open the door to durophagous animals like Globidens, Carinodens or Placodus.

There are a number of ways the lagoons can be improved. Here are some suggestions in a list.

Decoration:
  • Placing rocks underwater. We already have the rocks, we just need to be able to place them in the lagoons
  • Placeable aquatic plants. Perhaps as a brush or as single items, or both.

Co-habitation:
  • More co-habitation options. May require more aquatic animals. (I think Plesiosaurus + Attenborosaurus is one of the few viable options right now)

Behaviour:
  • Breaching. when happy it would be nice to see the animals displaying playful behaviour like breaching.
  • Aggressive behaviour. When stressed the animals could run into the lagoon walls and the viewing windows.
  • Going up for air and blowing water out of their noses.

Feeding:
  • shellfish feeder for possible durophagous animals
  • aquatic plants for herbivorous animals.

Water type:
  • Changing the salinity of the water to suit different animals with different needs. Could also have an effect on the water colour.

ROV:
  • first person controllable ROV submarine to explore the lagoons

Attractions:
  • transparent walking tunnels
  • "shark" cage encounter. The bigger predators should also try to bite this cage (and fail to grab it). So it's safe but scary.

Yeah the lagoons are still one of the few areas in the game that don't have much interactivity. Of course some things like breakouts wouldn't really work for lagoons. But it would definitely be nice if there were more management and maintenance attached to it.

I love the idea of shellfish beds as a type of feeder. It would open the door to durophagous animals like Globidens, Carinodens or Placodus.

There are a number of ways the lagoons can be improved. Here are some suggestions in a list.

Decoration:
  • Placing rocks underwater. We already have the rocks, we just need to be able to place them in the lagoons
  • Placeable aquatic plants. Perhaps as a brush or as single items, or both.

Co-habitation:
  • More co-habitation options. May require more aquatic animals. (I think Plesiosaurus + Attenborosaurus is one of the few viable options right now)

Behaviour:
  • Breaching. when happy it would be nice to see the animals displaying playful behaviour like breaching.
  • Aggressive behaviour. When stressed the animals could run into the lagoon walls and the viewing windows.
  • Going up for air and blowing water out of their noses.

Feeding:
  • shellfish feeder for possible durophagous animals
  • aquatic plants for herbivorous animals.

Water type:
  • Changing the salinity of the water to suit different animals with different needs. Could also have an effect on the water colour.

ROV:
  • first person controllable ROV submarine to explore the lagoons

Attractions:
  • transparent walking tunnels
  • "shark" cage encounter. The bigger predators should also try to bite this cage (and fail to grab it). So it's safe but scary.
I like your shark cage idea as it would make a nice attraction. The only thing is in one of the trailers for Jurassic world: Dominion, it shows scene where a mosasaur attacks cage full of fish, which crushed the cage, and began pulling the boat into the water. Perhaps it could be employed with smaller, less powerful marine reptiles, plesiosaurus and Ichthyosaurus. Your suggestion about having the marine reptiles go up for air would help make the game a more realistic. Your suggestion about salinity reminded me of something I saw in another game some time ago. Perhaps the salinity and water quality could be controlled by adding a filter system near or on the edge of the lagoon.

For attractions, there's the potential for the Plesiosaurus Pond sub tracks which would be awesome to see.

There's also potential for a viewing facility inside the lagoon similar to the facility for the Tylosaurus' facility in Jurassic Park: The Game. On top of that, ones where it might be a get to it over bridges over the surface to an elevator down to a viewing area around them

One thing I'd like to see is an expansion and adjustments of the feeding system. For the herbivores it works fine, but the carnivores, flying reptiles, and aquatic reptiles could use a bit of variety.

-Cow and Pig feeders, perhaps with preferences that affect them in some way (for example, theropods who feed on what they prefer get more filling from them and don't need to feed as often)
-Land-based Fish Feeders also provide bivalves and crustaceans in the water they're placed in, giving Dsungaripterus its real-life diet
-Tapejara should require the Fruit-providing foliage and would land and feed in it
-Dimorphodon should require one of the Ground foliage for its diet of small animals, like Tapejara it would land and feed in it, stalking and catching something like rats
-An option for the Lagoon feeder to provide tuna, squid, or ancient food items like ammonites

Lagoons are such an issue for smaller maps, this would be a good solution: expanded maps and fencing on the water as an alternative construction project (from Jurassic World The Game):
Jurassic World beach and Main Street.jpg

Lagoons certainly are lacking, and are in need of much improvement. Co-habitation for instance being one of them, no species of marine life gets along with another... some even attack creatures they really wouldn't have any beef with, like Itchyosaurus and plesiosaurus for example (and attenborosaurus and possibly Elasmosaurus). I could understand why some wouldn't Cohabitate (two of them ARE alpha predators) but a few of the at least should. Not to mention there's no doubt going to be DLCs which introduce more, so eventually there's going to need to be an overhaul for these enormous tanks.

Then there's the lack of decorations, I've said this before and I'll say it again. The rocky substrate is very ugly to look at, and it would be nice to break the monotony with some kelp beds, or rock formations, or ANY thing to beautify the tank.

Last edited:
Lagoons certainly are lacking, and are in need of much improvement. Co-habitation for instance being one of them, no species of marine life gets along with another... some even attack creatures they really wouldn't have any beef with, like Itchyosaurus and plesiosaurus for example (and attenborosaurus and possibly Elasmosaurus). I could understand why some wouldn't Cohabitate (two of them ARE alpha predators) but a few of the at least should. Not to mention there's no doubt going to be DLCs which introduce more, so eventually there's going to need to be an overhaul for these enormous tanks.

Then there's the lack of decorations, I've said this before and I'll say it again. The rocky substrate is very ugly to look at, and it would be nice to break the monotony with some kelp beds, or rock formations, or ANY thing to beautify the tank.
Concerning cohabitation among marine reptiles, anything in the same Size category won't get along with each other, so Ichthy/Plesio, Lio/Attenboro, Krono/Mosa, etc won't work. They will get along well with other Size categories (though don't have Lio with Small reptiles, it makes them panic, unlike Elasmo and Attenboro). But, the best results are achievable in these ways:
-Plenty of space. Eight Ichthyosaurus are perfectly content in a space of three lagoon segments, the smallest space for a full clutch of eggs. Use that as the base measurement, and add three to four more segments for each creature of another size (examples: six to seven segments for Ichthy/Elasmo, ten to eleven for Ichthy/Elasmo/Tylo)
-Plenty of food. If you want three species, give them a bunch of feeders. I usually put in six or seven Fish feeders, more if I'm using Tylosaurus since Krono prefers the shark and Mosa only eats the shark. This will keep everyone happy and well-fed
-Only have one specimen of the Large reptiles with the smaller ones. The smaller ones will always panic when the big one gets close, having only one big reptile lets the smaller ones spend more time relaxed and content. If you're using Krono or Mosa, put the shark feeders on the opposite side of the lagoon from the fish feeders so they'll hang out there and let the others have more of the lagoon to themselves

Hope those tips help! ^_^

For decorations and substrate, those would likely work best split into individual decorations and different lagoon segment setups. Kelp, rock formations and arches, and other objects would be in the Individual Decorations, while different types and depths of substrate would be Lagoon Segments that change and adjust when linked together. Oh, and not forgetting underwater tunnels (either on the substrate, or small monorails like in JP: The Game) that attach to the outside of the lagoon with the entrance there and the tunnel starting point below it on the inside of the lagoon, with placeable tracks like the gyrosphere and tours (though you'd have to attach the other side to a separate tunnel entrance).

Yes to all of these suggestions! Lagoons need some love! I hope down the line we get other animals for our lagoons besides just marine reptiles.

Considering the ridiculous density of its bones, it’s quite reasonable to say it was primarily aquatic in life. Something like a seal or a sea turtle.

Back
Top Bottom