Docking Request Denied...Docking Request Denied...Docking Request Denied...

At a busy station there HAS to be a better system than this..

Yes the station is busy, so why not Queue us?

Docking request accepted, you are position X in the queue, prepare to land at dock Y.. Do not attempt to land until clearance is given.

Or even.

Docking request accepted, you are in position X in the queue, do not enter spacestation until clearance is given.

Such a simple system, keep the Queue positions up to date. Once people land, if there are people directly queued behind them, automatically put them in the hanger.

Currently It's so bad, I'll switch from open play to Solo play just so I can dock. :(

I've only hard this happen once... Maybe you should relocate to a less busy region?... I like your idea about being put in a queue though. If any of the spacecraft are docked in the hanger and nobody leaves after half a minute or so then they should be moved to a different shard to free up the pad, but if they are on the surface and are still there after a full minute or so you should be granted free reign to fire on one of them (after they have been warned to move into the hanger) .

Yesterday I was flying from station to station for hours looking for a station, "docking request denied" from every single one. A queue system would be good or, unless there's some technical reason for limiting them, perhaps bigger stations with more docking slots?

Also, IIRC the Comms window tells you if docking has been denied due to being too far away from the station. Whatever was keeping me out of stations yesterday, it wasn't telling me at all - it just said "observe starport protocol" which I think it says even if docking is granted. If it was because the stations were full, could it at least say so? I thought it might be because I had an unpaid fine outstanding, though my record was otherwise clean, my reputation neutral, and I got denied from Federation and independent stations alike.

I enjoy this feature as frustrating as it is, I think it adds a certain depth and realism to the experience. I occasionally manage to get into a conversation with other ships whilst waiting to dock. I've even had people message asking me how long I'm going to be when they are waiting to land.

+1 for a docking queue system.

Sitting hammering the docking request button over and over is NOT FUN. Would be happy to request docking and wait in a queue. At least this lets me do other things like manage my ship, plan other routes, chat to others etc.

Same thing for me. I need a goddamn queue system, because I spent the last 20 MINUTES hammering 1 and Space just so I could dock in a place where there were too many people.

The worst thing is that, without a queue, it's just the lucky guy who presses at the right moment who goes in first, no matter who arrived first. That's completely stupid.
Plus, let's say, what if my mission had around 10 minutes left, and then a guy hogs a docking space for 10 minutes? I fail a mission because there's no queue system. Great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom