Does submitting a ticket work?

I know that support is overburdened at the moment but I still tried to submit a ticket about a phenomena affecting a sizeable community. I gave a descriptive title, described details of the phenomena, uploaded screenshots and data records and submitted it. No particular errors, reference numbers or confirmations were received. Great, there is a My tickets tab in the UI. Clicking on it there was no list of (the single) ticket, but a saved draft of the ticket. Well, maybe it's cookie or popup blocking. Unblocked everything and entitled Firefox to make legally valid marriage proposals representing me when browsing Frontier sites. Still no effect, only a draft in the My tickets list. OK, maybe cropped parts of the screenshots are too big to process. Did not include them, retried, same effect. All right, desperate times need desperate measures. I changed to Edge from Firefox and retried. No effect.

Is ticketing work or was the message of a weeks processing time an euphemistic pointer to the temporary suspension of tickets? Or is it me with exotic expectations or being not sufficiently prepared to submit a ticket?

Support tickets work fine, I did one the other day and it processed with no issues, produced the acknowledgement email and shows up in "My Tickets".

One thing - if you submit a "bug report" you hear no more about it ever, not even an acknowledgement email and I don't think it shows up in My Tickets at all.

From what you write, I would suppose that either a required field was empty or you tripped-up at a "captcha" - in either case not completing the submission process.

Tickets are handled great if you're just looking for a fix for an issue you're experiencing. Got locked out of my account due to email shenanigans, got a response within a day, really friendly, everything went smoothly.
As for bug reports etc - or large-scale things like the one you submitted - I imagine it's a bit difference.

Yup - OP sounds like they tried to create a support ticket when they really wanted an issue, and then failed to submit it. So at least it saved Support having to read it 🤷‍♀️

One day fdev will make it clearer which should be used.

Yup - OP sounds like they tried to create a support ticket when they really wanted an issue, and then failed to submit it. So at least it saved Support having to read it 🤷‍♀️

One day fdev will make it clearer which should be used.
Not really, we are quite experienced with bug reporting. It does not sound like that neither. We just wanted a support ticket that did not register, result in email response or anything for countless attempts. Another commander just confirmed his prior ticket report not appearing in the My tickets tab and I was grateful for his informed response.

All required fields (in fact all available fields as well) were very meticulously filled. (But even if those weren't an error message should have popped up.)

Edit:
Finally managed to submit it and it was linked to the issue reporting in a quite confusing way. Frontier now has an issue tracker that is technically a separate bug reporting system in a separate URL. In the support ticket page the default form is the submit issue form. It just does not work, not in itself. It is necessary to change the form to a support ticket request by navigating through a partly obscured hyperlink to get a support ticket form in addition to the issues form that remains there and that unlocks both the submit functionality and error messages as well.

All contributed information and experiences in this thread are highly appreciated.

Last edited:
You can submit, but don't expect it to get fixed...

I gave up playing ELITE almost half a year ago because Frontier Games didn't bother to fix the issue of glitches that prevent players of hooking up in wings or multicrew. Invite menu just saying "Unreachable", when playing in private groups.
That still isn't fixed. Logging out and logging in again does jack-.

Top Bottom