Does the new Goat Climbing Mountain work with dall sheep?

In the 1.8 patch notes it says that the Goat Climbing Mountain works with both the ibex and the dall sheep. The ibex animation on it is really cool so I was curious what the dall sheep animation would look like. However when I place the enrichment item in the habitat, it says no suitable species. In the enrichment item menu where you place enrichment items, if you filter on dall sheep the Goat Climbing Mountain is listed as compatible. Has anyone gotten this to work? If possible, do you have a video of the animation?

1639617017109.png

I am hopeful they will add in the compatibility. The animations are already in the game, after all, because Dall sheep will climb on actual rocks if you build a nice rock formation that is stepped for them. All they need to do is apply that animation to an interaction with the new enrichment item.

I am hopeful they will add in the compatibility. The animations are already in the game, after all, because Dall sheep will climb on actual rocks if you build a nice rock formation that is stepped for them. All they need to do is apply that animation to an interaction with the new enrichment item.
Animations are in the game but for the ibex. Given they're in the game at all, it's definitely possible to do, but I would imagine they have to recode how the Dall Sheep animations would work. But, computer/coding things are not my specialty, maybe I'm thinking it's more complex than it is.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping the animation already existed and there was just something not "hooked up" to make the dall sheep and the enrichment item interact with each other.

I'll ask here too. Has anyone seen the new item being used by female or juvenile alpine ibex? I have only seen males using it (and I've been looking for a long time).

I'll ask here too. Has anyone seen the new item being used by female or juvenile alpine ibex? I have only seen males using it (and I've been looking for a long time).

I have yet to see any Ibex use it, so I'm envious that you have even seen a male doing it.
I haven't spent a lot of time watching them though, because it's a new zoo so I'm still pretty busy expanding it so that profits are coming in steadily.

I think the same. Even the Dall Sheep tag I believe is indicative of this. They were probably planning to include it by this patch, but time wasn't enough, then forgot to delete the tag.
That's my thought too. Tags don't just randomly get added in for objects, I'd imagine.

This strikes me as so odd; I have no idea why Frontier seems hesitant to add backwards compatibility for many enrichment items... I guess it makes sense, since it requires a lot of work to make new animations, but some examples (especially the natural termite mound only working for the anteater) make no sense to me.
Oftentimes, an argument is made in game forums, that graphic designers and animators don’t fix bugs and that’s why DLCs are developed despite the game in question is still buggy.
This argument is valid, of course.

Regarding the backwards compatibility, the situation is a different one. Here, the animators who would be in charge to adapt older animals to newer items are actually quite busy creating new animations for new animals for upcoming DLCs.
The time conflict does actually exist in this case.

Oftentimes, an argument is made in game forums, that graphic designers and animators don’t fix bugs and that’s why DLCs are developed despite the game in question is still buggy.

Regarding the backwards compatibility, the situation is a different one. Here, the animators who would be in charge to adapt older animals to newer items are actually quite busy creating new animations for new animals for upcoming DLCs.
That makes sense, thanks!

It wouldn't be popular with many fans nor the people at Frontier who only think about profit margins, but I'd be happy to sacrifice a DLC to instead fix the known and long standing bugs, remodel where appropriate, sort out missing animations etc.

This strikes me as so odd; I have no idea why Frontier seems hesitant to add backwards compatibility for many enrichment items... I guess it makes sense, since it requires a lot of work to make new animations, but some examples (especially the natural termite mound only working for the anteater) make no sense to me.
I'm hoping that this will be a big focus for the 1.9 update. Giving old animals access to newer enrichment items (including burrows) and new animals access to older enrichment would be really nice for player variety.

Top Bottom