DOVeRN (anyone else experience Do Vern?) :)

Your thoughts please on VR nausea, or what I am calling DOVRN, delayed onset virtual reality nausea :) - Do Vern.

Twice now I have experienced noticeable nausea or equilibrium problems - on a delay - after significant VR visor time. Once was when I spent 5 hours or so, off and on planet surfaces dealing with that "bouncey" SRV effect. (I have since changed it to stay aligned to the horizon). My tolerance for motion sickness is probably slightly less than average. While I was playing I could feel it under the surface, but would selectively close my eyes and was able to manage it (I was just having too much fun!) :). The next morning I awoke dizzy, and could not walk straight. It was a bit spookey and I just thought I was sick and didn't put two and two together at first. I keep feeling like I was falling backwards...... My equilibrium was off, and it took a couple of hours before I felt normal again. I do have a history of a damaged inner ear and some equilibrium problems, but I have not had an attack in a decade. This happened again a couple of nights ago and I woke up at midnight nauseated, after playing for a good 6 hours leading up to bed. (related to the latest update on having fps drop to 30!, so I was struggling with it).

Any VR users here ever experience a delay in effect from a headset? (DOVRN? :) ). You walk away from it feeling fine, but then get hit later ???
I am still not 100% sure its related but sure seems like it for me at least. I have used VR off and on for 4+ years now, but very heavily in the past 6 months.

Thanks!

Scott

TBH it just sounds like you are playing stretches that are far far too long. I mean even on a regular flat screen or with consoles you should take a break every hour or every couple hours at least.

I think it's important to take breaks as it far more dificult to follow the 20-20-20 rules that most people that work daily on PC eventually learn about.

Last edited:
Space Dandy, thank you!

And last I checked 80 stations are burning or being repaired!- no time for 20-20-20 :), the Frontier needs me :). Besides its not my eyes its my equilibrium, too much playing with flight assist turned off, etc I suppose.

Top Bottom