Newcomer / Intro Download at work & play at home (without launcher)!

Due to slow internet connection at home. Can I download the game at work and place the game data on my PC at home?

But problem is, I can not install game launcher on my work PC (no administrator rights) :mad:

Due to slow internet connection at home. Can I download the game at work and place the game data on my PC at home?

But problem is, I can not install game launcher on my work PC (no administrator rights) :mad:

Back in Beta, I was able to simply copy the entire installation folder from one computer to another and it worked. Still need a working launcher to download the files, tho... :/

Last edited:
Back in Beta, I was able to simply copy the entire installation folder from one computer to another and it worked. Still need a working launcher to download the files, tho... :/

So no way to download game data without a launcher!?!

None that I know of... :(

*edit*

My suggestion: download the launcher from home, install it on your home computer, let it install and begin downloading the game.
Then abort the download, copy the instalation folder to a memory stick/external HDD and bring it to work. Copy that folder somewhere on your work PC and start the launcher from there. Let it download the game. Copy the entire folder back to your home pc. (Hopefully) play the game.

Last edited:
Oh, and also, you migh try to install the launcher into a folder that isn't protected by the operating system.
Try installing it to, for example D:/Elite instead of in the program files folder.
That MIGHT let you skip the administrator rights prompt, but I am not sure about that...

Oh, and also, you migh try to install the launcher into a folder that isn't protected by the operating system....

Tried it, does not work like that (I can not initially open installation exe file)... I also tried to unzip it, but it gives me a lot of giberish/unusable files.

Top Bottom