Dinosaurs Dynamic Dino population

Your Feature Request / Idea
In my opinion the social group and ideal population. I realized that it's kinda dumb that Ankylosaurus starts killing them of it's species because there where more than 8 even though they've got the whole island to get around each and every one of them. You can not really populate the whole island with every dinosaur, because they'll be uncomfortable. Especially for the herbivores, this dosn't make much sense.
Because of this, I would like a dynamic social / population cap. If an enclosure with 9800m² grassland and 9800m² forest is sufficient to support 12 Dilophosaurus, as well as an enclosure with 19600m² grassland and 19600m² forest should be enough to support 24 Dilophosaurus and so on.
But how could this be implemented? Maybe the game recognizes the area that is inside a fully closed fence line, or every dinosaur "scans" its enviroment and recognizes blockades and thus the space that is accesible for them.
Maybe there are other methods as well, but this woud help to have more freedom with te dino populations.

I actually completely agree, i think the size of the enclosure should dictate certain population limits, but social groups could act a little differently if herding is implemented. If it is, then animals can still retain their current social limit, but going over it should force them to split their numbers, so if youve got lets say 5 ankylosarae and their social limit is.. 3 per example, they would split into 3 and 2 and keep distance from each other naturally.

I actually completely agree, i think the size of the enclosure should dictate certain population limits, but social groups could act a little differently if herding is implemented. If it is, then animals can still retain their current social limit, but going over it should force them to split their numbers, so if youve got lets say 5 ankylosarae and their social limit is.. 3 per example, they would split into 3 and 2 and keep distance from each other naturally.

I do hope that herding a packs find there way into this game however I do find it unlikely to happen this side of a large expansion, just because I think it will take a hell of a lot of work to implement, you can see where the devs where going with pop limits on the animals, since there’s no actual animal limit in the game but I do think that genes should play a part in the population of the dinos like having agressive instincts should make them less tolerable of others etc etc

I also agree and my guess is that this could be nicely implemented if they manage a good AI that implements territorial behaviour: not only carnivores stablish "hunting grounds", but also herds of herbivores sometimes divide and have tensions and fights, specially when food is scarce.

This territorial behaviour is what I think would solve nicely the issue with T-Rex socials. Combined with the scavenging behaviour I wrote about in some other thread this definitively would make this dinosaur really "real" to me [yesnod]

Baby Dinos

the next update should feature. the best thing ever on JWE. BABY DINOS. They would be so great to have and also a actual gentle giants petting zoo. Where not just adults but kids can go. only see Adults on the island never children and for good reason. But that should change, only if the carnies get out. They eat only adults not kids. It can be done. If they have the willpower to use their creative minds. Baby Dinos are a must for Jurassic World Evolution. PERIOD[yesnod]

the next update should feature. the best thing ever on JWE. BABY DINOS. They would be so great to have and also a actual gentle giants petting zoo. Where not just adults but kids can go. only see Adults on the island never children and for good reason. But that should change, only if the carnies get out. They eat only adults not kids. It can be done. If they have the willpower to use their creative minds. Baby Dinos are a must for Jurassic World Evolution. PERIOD[yesnod]

I do not honestly agree in any capacity that this is an imperative feature. The enormous amount of time this would take to implement and balance, what with the massive problems it would cause etc. Breeding in JWE doesnt exactly seem to follow the JW canon, but rather is more like how JP handled things, because we handle everything through hatcheries. The change in mechanics to allow dinos to breed, the creation of the models, and all the various mechanics around them, the adjustments that would have to be made for these things to already existing mechanics, often needing to outright overhaul them. I'm sorry but this just seems entirely pointless and unnecessary.

I disagree also with the baby dinos idea... In my opinion, the most needed thing in game currently is a complete reworked dinosaur AI :(

I do not honestly agree in any capacity that this is an imperative feature. The enormous amount of time this would take to implement and balance, what with the massive problems it would cause etc. Breeding in JWE doesnt exactly seem to follow the JW canon, but rather is more like how JP handled things, because we handle everything through hatcheries. The change in mechanics to allow dinos to breed, the creation of the models, and all the various mechanics around them, the adjustments that would have to be made for these things to already existing mechanics, often needing to outright overhaul them. I'm sorry but this just seems entirely pointless and unnecessary.

so if we are following jw canon it should be a thing it can be turned on and off, the reason i say that is because they bread that out of the dinos right, but they can easily redo that and it would 100% make scene. so i am sorry that you don't think this is a good idea i think this is a great idea and should be in the game from the start and think this idea is necessary in order to not go stale on any island. but who am i to say that. also getting back to the original post i love this idea and with the heard mechanic there should be territory fights.

Top Bottom