Early Access Game Saves

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

For the ones who have the beta next month, will our game saves be carried on with the full game at release or do we need to start over ?

We honestly should get an Official Ask Thread, just for questions like this... Anyways. I'm pretty sure the game will keep the games saved onto the official release. After all, we are having an Early Access though release right?

I would highly doubt that any saves would transfer. The way Early Access works is that new mechanics and items are always being brought in. Part of the development process means that things will change. And when things change, I'm sure Frontier will have to tweak certain things to get everything working harmoniously. The result of this? Incompatibility with older versions of the game. Think of another Early Access game, Prison Architect, for example; every month when they released a new Alpha 99% of the time at the start saves would not transfer. It's only when the game really started to fully flesh out did it get more consistent.

As much as I'd love to someday look back on my first ever Planet Coaster park, I just sincerely doubt that would be possible. Not that it's a bad thing at all though, I'd rather have better mechanics and a stable game than experience a tiiny bit of nostalgia.

You know what I mean?

I would highly doubt that any saves would transfer. The way Early Access works is that new mechanics and items are always being brought in. Part of the development process means that things will change. And when things change, I'm sure Frontier will have to tweak certain things to get everything working harmoniously. The result of this? Incompatibility with older versions of the game. Think of another Early Access game, Prison Architect, for example; every month when they released a new Alpha 99% of the time at the start saves would not transfer. It's only when the game really started to fully flesh out did it get more consistent.

As much as I'd love to someday look back on my first ever Planet Coaster park, I just sincerely doubt that would be possible. Not that it's a bad thing at all though, I'd rather have better mechanics and a stable game than experience a tiiny bit of nostalgia.

You know what I mean?

Suspect this will be the case, most of the Alpha builds of other games I've played have been this way. You never know though, we might be pleasantly surprised!

well it has been stated already that buying into early bird means that you own the game, and continue to receive updates until the games full release. so the only thing different between your game and the full release on that day is an update, i dont imagine that update is going to delete your saves so.....not confirmed, but id say theres a 99% chance of yes.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom