Easiest way to farm Scouts without much effort?

So I have a variety of ships with varying levels of Engineering done to them. I also want Combat Elite rank. However, I am tired of only using Guardian Gauss even when fighting scouts.

So I ask, what is the single, absolute fastest way to kill scouts, without me needing to bust my butt aiming? And which of the many ships I have (access to all imperial and federal too) should I use for the job? I have zero interest in using the ship to fight Interceptors as I have other ships already configured for that task. I want to have a more relaxing time in combat for once, usually I religiously stick to my "fixed weapons only" to "git gud" but with scouts I'm honestly just sick of them.

So what are my options?

My favorite Scout Fighter was a Vulture with G5 efficient gimballed beams. It would pop scouts quicker than AX MCs, and I could fire those things all day long. And it was very rare that my shield went down. I only needed to return to the station when my decon limpets ran out, which does happen in a small ship like the Vulture, but not as quickly as you might think.

Most importantly, it was fun!

My favorite Scout Fighter was a Vulture with G5 efficient gimballed beams. It would pop scouts quicker than AX MCs, and I could fire those things all day long. And it was very rare that my shield went down. I only needed to return to the station when my decon limpets ran out, which does happen in a small ship like the Vulture, but not as quickly as you might think.

Most importantly, it was fun!

Hmmm maybe, but I was looking for the absolute fastest and cheesiest way. I'll have this ..."fun" when I'm done the rank grind.

I took a T10 with four large turreted AX multicannons and fitted all the other hardpoints with regular gimballed G5 short range/autoload multicannons. Appropriately shielded and armored, with decon limpets. If you're only doing scouts (threats 3 and 4) this thing makes pretty quick work of them. I use it at Asterope where there are a million USS to choose from.

Trying all the Guardian and AX weapons I decided on this Krait Mk II build (Less the fighter hangar
with Guardian SLFs) to take care of Combat Elite. I was 70 percent Deadly the regular way before
going to Thargoid space. After obtaining Combat Elite the Guardian fighters added more fun.

zenoship.jpg

There's a few good suggestions but I can't bring myself to buy a T-10, it's just... i dunno...

I suppose I should have mentioned ships I did own:

ASPX (original multipurpose/explorer)
Krait MK2 (primary interceptor killer)
Krait Phantom (primary exploration ship)
Federal Gunship(Funship)
Corvette (engineered to hell and back but omg that jump range...)
Cutter (Working on insane shields, mostly engineered)
Vulture
FDL (former would-be PVP vessel with lots of engineering)
Python (kill me, i only got it for mining and i loathe the thing lol, engineered for such too).
I think I have a few other assorted ships but those are my primary

Also Speedcuffs, I'd rather take a break from practicing Fixed is the thing. Sometimes ya just wanna turn your brain off you know?

Incidentally, i killed 29 scouts on the PS AXI small ship scout hunt. Guardian weapons only, one hour. I was the only one in a Cobra Mk3, 1med, 2small gauss.
I did not win😭, joint second.
The only person to use frags won, 31.
Not bad for console plebians (i hope)
🙂
o7
*thinking about it, 2med, 2small. I swapped out one med for a flak launcher after the event for a go at a cyclops solo😃

Krait Phantom.
Easy mode - four turreted AX MCs.
Slightly harder mode - 2 turreted AXMCs and 2 fixed Gauss. The AXMCs constantly nibble the scout health down while landing hits with the Gauss (you have to predict where they will be two seconds from when you hold the fire button down) takes huge chunks out of their health.
I use the latter as - once you've practiced - it is even faster than with 4 AXMCs.
You can usually clear out an NHSS4 with 7 scouts before your shields have dropped.
And it's even faster with synthesised premium ammo.

There's a few good suggestions but I can't bring myself to buy a T-10, it's just... i dunno...

I suppose I should have mentioned ships I did own:

ASPX (original multipurpose/explorer)
Krait MK2 (primary interceptor killer)
Krait Phantom (primary exploration ship)
Federal Gunship(Funship)
Corvette (engineered to hell and back but omg that jump range...)
Cutter (Working on insane shields, mostly engineered)
Vulture
FDL (former would-be PVP vessel with lots of engineering)
Python (kill me, i only got it for mining and i loathe the thing lol, engineered for such too).
I think I have a few other assorted ships but those are my primary

Also Speedcuffs, I'd rather take a break from practicing Fixed is the thing. Sometimes ya just wanna turn your brain off you know?

Well I used to question owning a T10 as well, but this function changed my mind. Watching scouts melt as the T10 galumphs along is strangely therapeutic to me and only one way to do it. LOL

Your original post said you wanted to not worry about aiming and such. If you use any of your current ships that will handle four turreted AX MCs and other weapons of your choice you won't have to aim much at all. You know already you don't even have to run them down, they come to you eventually. (^_^)`

The two fastest scout killing ships are the Krait Mk.II and the Anaconda. Conda can mount 4 large AX MC turrets and doesn't have the turn rate and convergence issues the T10 has. Krait only has 3 large hardpoints, but they're in a good position and the ship is faster than the conda.
Not actually sure which one of the two has the better performance in practise.

Example build - my Krait Mk II Scout Shredder. Got me from Deadly to Elite back when AX combat zones was a thing.

Top Bottom