Engineers Easy Electrochemical Arrays

A quick "How to find Electrochemical Arrays" guide.
Electrochemical Arrays are used in a number of Grade 3 and 4 weapon mods, notably for lasers, but also Heavy Duty Shield Booster 4 etc.

Complete List here:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-component/31

I found the easiest way to acquire Electrochemical Arrays was to;

Go to Galaxy map
Filter systems by Government,
Uncheck all but "None"

This shows nearby systems that are listed as "Anarchy".

Next, use the same filter to filter by "State", and check only "Civil War"

Ideally you want to identify a nearby Anarchy system that is also in a state of Civil War.

Civil War states have Conflict Zones - jump to your intended system, and look for conflict zones (doesn't have to be a High Intensity zone, a Low Intensity conflict zone will do fine.

Approach and drop into the Conflict Zone, and choose a faction (right panel, check alignment of involved factions first if you require Imperial/Fed etc advancement).
Once a faction is chosen, half the visible ships fighting in the conflict zone will turn red (or your preferred hostile colour)
Blast away at the enemy ships as capacitor allows.
Each destroyed ship, being military etc will have a chance to drop 1-2 Electrochemical Arrays.

----

I needed Electrochemical Arrays for Overcharged Weapon 3 for my Annie's two waist Pulse laser turrets.
Last night I picked up 30 EA's in 1/2 hour or so in a low-intensity conflict zone in LHS 342 (from memory). Two local independent factions were in a civil war and the system has an Earth-like with reasonable population just a jump or two from The Dweller's Black Hide engineer outpost in the Wyrd system. I don't think population has anything to do with it, you just need to kill authority or military ships in an Anarchy system; a conflict zone is the easiest place!

Good luck Commanders!

Good thorough write up... but these are easy as @#$% to get. [weird]

I can boil this down to "go kill stuff in a combat zone." Anarchy system has nothing to do with it.
Sometimes you even get them bounty hunting or from random ships that interdict you.

Last edited:
Oh well, your mileage varied from mine then.

I hadn't found a single EA until I went hunting according to the description of the material.

I didn't seem to have any issues with MEF's etc though. *shrugs*

This is good to know. I've spent hours searching anarchy systems for combat aftermath. Never occurred to me to go to a combat zone :)

Question for OP - how does a newer player do this? I'm usually too busy trying to stay alive in a CZ to take a stroll and gather the mats floating about. Do you bring a tank and just absorb damage while picking up the mats, or do you have a secret to not getting shot at during this operation?

Question for OP - how does a newer player do this? I'm usually too busy trying to stay alive in a CZ to take a stroll and gather the mats floating about. Do you bring a tank and just absorb damage while picking up the mats, or do you have a secret to not getting shot at during this operation?

If you ride a tank..then a limpet controller is an easy and faster way to collect them

If you ride a tank..then a limpet controller is an easy and faster way to collect them

I didn't even think of using limpets in this fashion... I'll have to give it a go! Are limpets pretty good at returning to a moving ship (one fleeing for its life)?

OK, now, one of you people please tell me, where I can find those arrays in Colonia and beyond? Been traveling all over creation, shot down military, civilians, traders, every ship imaginable... No electrochemical arrays. Tried with delivery missions, passanger missions... Everything... Out here there are no combat zones that I could find... Nada... How is a commander expected to grade 5 everything out here? Had to wait 14 days to get all modules up to level A.

Yes, in the bubble, no problem... Piece of cake... I can buy a ship and have it leveled A and graded 5 within minutes... So, talking about how to get it in the bubble is pointless... Any of you knowledgeable people here, know where I can get the materials 23k+ ly from the bubble?? Come on.. Who is the most knowledgeable of you, who can point me in the right direction? 😊

Thanx in advance

They are offered as missions rewards sometimes. I just checked and I have 37 of electrochemical arrays and IIRC I got them just during shooting "Wanted" ships around the Nav Beacon at the system where the Jacques station is. BTW, this is my main source for all Manufactured engineering materials.

And of course, there is a possibility to use the material trader and trade low level materials for better materials. The exchange rate is horrible, but on the other side, those low level manufactured materials are dropped very frequently from any ship.

But G5 manufactured materials are much harder to get here, compared to Bubble, it is true.

And of course, there is a possibility to use the material trader and trade low level materials for better materials. The exchange rate is horrible, but on the other side, those low level manufactured materials are dropped very frequently from any ship.

But G5 manufactured materials are much harder to get here, compared to Bubble, it is true.
Thank you very much my friend. I will just hang around in different systems and see what happens 😊 I am only 5 percent away from reaching the Elite rank in combat, so I will do that first and then go searching for materials again 😊 Thank you again commander, for your time and reply and, as always, fly safe!! 😉

Out here there are no combat zones that I could find...
Wars for system control that would show up on the main galaxy map are quite rare, but there's usually one or two others on somewhere if you check the system maps.

At the moment there is one in Chrysus, and another will start tomorrow in Kinesi.

I didn't even think of using limpets in this fashion... I'll have to give it a go! Are limpets pretty good at returning to a moving ship (one fleeing for its life)?
If you go into Hazardous https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Resource_Extraction_Site , without cargo, it gives you much more control of what you attack and what attacks you. Gives you time to deploy your limpets. It's what I'm doing now to level up my pilot and get manufactured mats.

if you choose the material trader path, which is by far the easiest method..make a habit of visiting of every nav beacon, then every HGE that is revealed, then just keep trading all the g5 mats you get.
Having spent a lot of time in Colonia area I know its harder, but there are HGE's, you just have to make it a habit of looking
I do, and as a result all my mats are usually at 100% full
My favorite is when I do passenger missions as they always take you to systems you may not regularly visit so you get to look and find stuff at the same time.

Top Bottom