ECM Cambridge Postponed - vECM the Virtual community event launched 11th April. Venue:The Internet

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
As ever, we will be hunting all sorts for the day itself, so if you have a working BBC micro running Elite, or an old C64, or a gaming computer you're happy to bring along to share some multilayer shenanigans on, do let us know.

The retro area is always packed at these.

Thanks to those who have already donated goodies to the raffle as well.

Nice one! Definitely gonna try to attend again this year after 2019's funtimes. Won't know for certain until closer to the time - work and family matters to juggle with :D

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
\o/ - missed the last couple but got a ticket this time. Any idea what the start time is likely to be Vingteteun? Just working out if it's a "drive up on the day and try to park" or a "stay over after work the night before too" ...

Edit: Of course I won't be at work the day before will I?! D'oh! ... but does that make the decision easier or not ...

Last edited:
10am kick-off unless you're bringing a computer/piece of retro gear/stuff that needs setting up - in which case it's "early doors"
On that note - if you're coming - don't forget to let us know if you're bringing "that game you've always wanted to play" and want a little table space, or a computer that will need power. We've got plenty of space this year and are hoping to put on some CQC multiplayer fun on both XBone and PC (and PS4 if we have someone from that part of the community).

Previous games we've had on the tables have included Battlecards (We'll have 4 tables of that on the go), EDRPG (confirmed that Spidermind will be hosting at least 1 of these, using their new LevelUp kit too), Star Wars miniatures, a huge game of Carcassonne, Elite miniatures, Zombicide and more. Mongoose publishing are loaning us Paranoia and Traveller and the epic Aemilia Hawk will be hosting a game or two of those.

Delighted to announce that CMDR Blastard (last seen at the South East ECM 2 years ago) is bringing the latest evolution of his full motion VR rig to demonstrate at the event.

Occupying a 6ftx6ft space and using a wide angle Pimax headset, this chair has to be seen to be believed. The engineering on it is truly phenomenal!

Alongside that we will have the usual two standing VR tents up with Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. We MAY also run up a PSVR headset.

On the retro front we already have a bit of Retropi, a ZX Spectrum and an Atari as well as an assortment of good old handheld games from Tomytronic from 'back in the day'.

Already have 2x multiplayer stations on larger screens on the list with a PC and some Gang Beasts and a Nintendo Switch. Ready for some 4 player fun.

... And we only launched a day ago....

The local hotels are beginning to fill up somewhat. The Premier Inn still has space but they have hiked their prices a little. The manager has suggested we use the central reservations number to see if better deals are available, or if a few of you are booking together, worth strong arming them a little.

0333 003 8101 for central reservations

Travelodge is cheaper and I believe there are some 20 percent off deals.

114 commanders joining us now.

Site visit done again today (Thanks, Eddie) and more measurements taken.

Hotel booked👍
As a PS plebian with no access to VR i am looking forward to hopefully getting a shot.

I will happily buy CMDR Blastard a beer if they let me have a go on any insane VR thing they may bring, i will also try very hard not to be sick on it, probably best for an early pre beer go for me just to be safe😂

o7

It looks like the retro area is going BIG this year, just had contact from a commander who is bringing a huge collection of ZX spectrum goodies from "back in the day"....
Thanks, Blastard - you're a legend.

Will there be ample joysticks available to break if one of the games is Daley Thompsons Olympics or whatever it was called🤣

Booked ticket on the offchance I can get there. I'd have to travel down on good friday which is going to be a pain to get off work. Then there's train line issues as they usually do works on the lines over easter, but if I can overcome those issues I'll be there! Also if by some miracle I get my big Lego SRV finished I'll bring it down for everyone to see (but it's a BIG 'If I get it finished and built') :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom