ED Launcher opens Internet Browser upon Startup

Every time I open the ED launcher (ie: launch the launcher) it opens my browser to a site that says "Oops the site you're looking for can't be reached."
Like... what? Why is it trying to contact a site that doesn't exist and I have no interest in?
Or... more importantly... how do I make it behave in a less irritating manner?
Cheers

It's a brand new install.
I reinstalled Win10 on Saturday.
I'm fairly sure I'm using the defaults.
I'll try deleting the history but... why is the launcher opening the browser in the first place?

no idea but I do know its linked to internet explorer settings
mine has never opened my browser unless I click a link within which then leads to game related pages using ms edge browser

Try a verify on your ED install.
It could also help if you gave a few more details about which version (Steam, Epic, Standalone) you are using and how you are trying to launch it.

no idea but I do know its linked to internet explorer settings
mine has never opened my browser unless I click a link within which then leads to game related pages using ms edge browser
Noted.
Thanks mate.
Try a verify on your ED install.
It could also help if you gave a few more details about which version (Steam, Epic, Standalone) you are using and how you are trying to launch it.
Will do.
I installed via steam but launch the game with EdLauncher.exe. Which doesn't require steam to be active and, so, I often leave it off.

Would any other info be of use diagnostically?

I bought the copy I play through steam but launch it without steam and manage it via frontier (store, 3rd party websites, etc.).
I also have a 2nd account attached to the same email that I purchased directly from Frontier.

I feel this is pertinent: the browser opens upon startup of the launcher itself.
It happens at roughly the same time the client window opens with the options to play in odyssey, horizons, etc.

Ah, so Frontier sees it as as a different address even though it goes to the same inbox.

Do both accounts open the browser window in the same way?

Top Bottom