Discussion eddb price manipulation

I've recently started mining for profit using eddb as a source for sell locations. I'm sitting at Perry Station in LHS 449 and the price on eddb is not the same as what is in ED. The first several times I went to a location to sell for the best price, and not finding that price, I figured the game lowered the price due to an influx of supplies. However, I have not left Perry Station for several hours and it would appear I'm in a battle with a bot that is inflating the prices. I correct them, and then they are changed.
questions:
I'll assume this is a know issue, only new to me but has eddb made any comments/efforts to fix the situation?
does this mean eddb is uesless for prices of commodities?
How have you dealt with this?
I hope whoever is doing this, lives to 110 but never finds love.

Which commodities are you talking about? If you have many of them in your cargo hold your price will be lower because of the bulk-tax. If someone else lands at the stations without the commodity he will see another (higher) price.

I've recently started mining for profit using eddb as a source for sell locations. I'm sitting at Perry Station in LHS 449 and the price on eddb is not the same as what is in ED. The first several times I went to a location to sell for the best price, and not finding that price, I figured the game lowered the price due to an influx of supplies. However, I have not left Perry Station for several hours and it would appear I'm in a battle with a bot that is inflating the prices. I correct them, and then they are changed.
questions:
I'll assume this is a know issue, only new to me but has eddb made any comments/efforts to fix the situation?
does this mean eddb is uesless for prices of commodities?
How have you dealt with this?
I hope whoever is doing this, lives to 110 but never finds love.
EDDB is a 3rd party site and the information is in no way guaranteed, I have been caught out with this a few times.

Still a great tool but once bitten...
Pug

Prices in ED are dynamic. One of the variables is the ration between the demand of the station and the amount of this stuff that you have on your ship.

Research Bulk sales on community market with search..
Mining Items were excluded for along time then added to this system...
All other items have had it for way way longer. in to multi years old system.

The price drop depends on the ITEM so one item can trigger at 0.1 percent of demand in cargo rack, another item can drop price if you have more than 4% in your cargo rack and its not a fixed percentage drop... as if the price reduction was to take you below the average price for an item then NO price drop is triggered once you reach average price on stations the drop will stop reducing prices... and the price shown on galaxy map will only show an old price for zero ton in cargo rack so it no use only a guide price only...
All Prices also drop if ANY sale is done at the high price on the first sale of the day from the server tick only the first person with actual cargo gets the best price..

Top Bottom