General Edit suit loadouts while a passenger in a taxi or dropship

My view resets to looking forward whenever the taxi or dropship enters supercruise or FSD jumps. This can be disruptive if I'm trying to manage my suit loadouts when this transition occurs. Pretty please allow me to retain my view (editing suit loadouts) and don't interrupt while my transport FSD jumps or when enters supercruise?

My view resets to looking forward whenever the taxi or dropship enters supercruise or FSD jumps. This can be disruptive if I'm trying to manage my suit loadouts when this transition occurs. Pretty please allow me to retain my view (editing suit loadouts) and don't interrupt while my transport FSD jumps or when enters supercruise?

It pretty much ties in with the way it works when you are in your own ship, instance transitions always pull you out of menu's due to the fact that some transitions can be dangerous, for instance exiting hyperspace at a neutron star and accidently hitting the jet cone, being pulled out of SC during interdiction, so instance transitions into and out of SC and hyperspace automatically bring you back to the main menu, not sure how they would handle it only happening sometimes. I would prefer they leave it, if it doesn't work properly it will end up being a more painful experience for many players.

But I'm not in my own ship and I can't take any actions in response to SC or hyperspace transitions. In that sense, they are irrelevant while I'm a passenger.
Managing loadouts is just about the only action that is available to me and it's silly to pull focus away from that task for anything less than immediate danger to the ship.

Last edited:
But I'm not in my own ship and I can't take any actions in response to SC or hyperspace transitions. In that sense, they are irrelevant while I'm a passenger.
Managing loadouts is just about the only action that is available to me and it's silly to pull focus away from that task for anything less than immediate danger to the ship.

No you aren't in your own ship, but the menu actions are applied to the player not the ship and it's a problem seeing how to apply it selectively depending on which ship you are in and whether you are the pilot. Arguably if you don't want menu actions to apply when not in your own ship does that apply to multicrew as well? Does maybe a player end up sitting in a menu playing around with things like suit loadouts and etc when the pilot needs him to man the weapons or SLF?

It's a minor issue really, but trying to fix it so it does what you want may cause more problems than it's worth.

No you aren't in your own ship, but the menu actions are applied to the player not the ship and it's a problem seeing how to apply it selectively depending on which ship you are in and whether you are the pilot. Arguably if you don't want menu actions to apply when not in your own ship does that apply to multicrew as well? Does maybe a player end up sitting in a menu playing around with things like suit loadouts and etc when the pilot needs him to man the weapons or SLF?

It's a minor issue really, but trying to fix it so it does what you want may cause more problems than it's worth.
I'm proposing a fix to something that bothers me. I freely acknowledge that there may be issues that may complicate the proposal or make it infeasible. That'll be FDev's call.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom