Release EDShipyard has wrong values for shield resistances?

My PvE Anaconda, the Saint Mary, has Thermal Resistant Bi-Weaves and 6 Resistance Augmented Shield Boosters.

Coriolis is well aware of the fact that SYS pips, shield resistances and Shield Booster Resistances are multiplicatively addictive, and that the cap to resistances only applies to Shield Boosters; even with the old Engineers, the Damage Taken value correctly reflects this: https://www.screencast.com/t/0UJoZpEahDW

EDSY on the other hand, seems to apply the "only half of resistance after 50%" rule to ALL sources of resistance, including pips (1): https://www.screencast.com/t/RYQM5RaoUAy0

This is wrong, and has been demonstrated by tests several times. Just wanted to point this out.

I think we talked about this on the discord already, but for the sake of anyone passing through, I think you're just misinterpreting what the numbers mean in EDSY's display and comparing two different things.

When EDSY shows resistances, it means actual resistances that should match the shield resistances you see in your right-hand stats panel in-game (this is done intentionally, to provide exactly this means of double-checking that your build matches the game). Those do not include the effect of SYS pips because pips do not add resistance, they add a completely separate damage reduction on top of resistance.

Coriolis doesn't seem to show composite resistance anywhere at all (so you can't check them against the game), it only shows "effective damage taken" which is a different measurement that does include SYS pips. If you set your SYS pips to 0 to remove that element from Coriolis' display, I think you'll see that the remaining resistance numbers match EDSY (except backwards, because Coriolis shows damage taken rather than damage resisted).

The comparable thing to look at on EDSY is "effective strength" (the middle column), which incorporates both resistance and SYS pips. Those figures do appear to match Coriolis, for example the ratio of your raw shield strength to effective kinetic shield strength is 1042.7 / 7035.6 = 0.148, which matches Coriolis' 14% kinetic damage taken.

Top Bottom