Effect of large mining haul on influence

Hi all,
I've recently kitted out one of my Anacondas for standard mining, and headed out to one of the dual Painite hotspots. While I can get 200m Cr from the best stations, selling at one of our stations still gets you 25-50m Cr.
Question is: what effect does such a huge transaction have on faction influence? Is it still just a single transaction, similar to selling at 1m trade profit, or does it scale up? Is it worth the hour or so's effort (just thinking about influence, not the personal profit), or is it better to just do missions and build INF+'s that way?
Many thanks!

Yes, there'll be diminishing returns on the trade transaction value, so probably better to spread it over several systems. You could also collect some of the less valuable ores while mining to use for completing mining missions. Osmium comes up a lot.

I'm guessing that Ian Doncaster's reply about exploration data, suggesting a max of 10m Cr per day could well work here too? I could spread the sales across a number of systems...
Yes - though note that the trade curve and the exploration curve are highly unlikely to be in the same place credit-wise. This isn't my area so I don't know if the decent compromises between effort and diminishing returns for trade are more or less than 10 million.

Yeh, diminishing returns are a thing.

Honestly, if you just sit there dumping 10m a day, you won't be doing much else productive... better to just dump it all and do a variety of activities instead of waiting between ticks, imo.

Thanks folks! Agreed, it doesn't make sense to be waiting with cargo, but we do have several systems that need boosting so I'm going to drop 10m Cr-worth at each and see whether it seems to have an appreciable effect.

In my experience it's amount of cargo sold at profit, not the profit margin that counts. Selling 700 Biowaste at 1000 cr profit per unit will generate 7x the influence compared to 100 Void Diamonds at 1,6 mil cr profit per unit.

In my experience it's amount of cargo sold at profit, not the profit margin that counts. Selling 700 Biowaste at 1000 cr profit per unit will generate 7x the influence compared to 100 Void Diamonds at 1,6 mil cr profit per unit.
Ooh, that's interesting. And disappointing. So there's basically no beating a Cutter or Type-9 when it comes to building influence through trading alone!

Bit of a tange
Ooh, that's interesting. And disappointing. So there's basically no beating a Cutter or Type-9 when it comes to building influence through trading alone!
Bit of a tangent, but I wish quantity or volume weren't the primary, err, influencers of the "worth" of trade in terms of influence. Rather, trading in a diversity of goods, and the level of their demand being the determining factor.

If you cast your mind back to when 1t transactional exploiting trading was a thing... That meant trading 1t of palladium 200 times was worth 200 times the influence effect of trading 200t of palladium once.

Obviously, that's broken af. But the "gentlemans accord" I proposed back when 1t trading came to light was that firstly, people don't do it, but rather, they can trade any number of commodity types. In that context, because of the way the mechanics worked trading 200t of palladium would be worth some influence, while trading 20t of 10 different types of metal (e.g 20t each of Gold, Silver, Palladium, Aluminium, Beryllium, Indium, Uranium, Titanium, Gallium, Copper) would be 10 times more effective than that.

I'd love to see trade work that way, tbh.

Top Bottom