Effects of manually disabled Distributor?

They'd show up like normal, because their spawning is related to the relevant scenario of the area you drop in, not anything to do with them following your wake.
In millions of square miles of ring, the lore explanation for them always (without fail) popping in after you drop has been that your wake signal attracts them to drop too.

There won't be pirates hanging around in normal space in every bit of the ring system on the 1 in a million off-chance some random miner pops into a non RES bit of a remote ring, surely? That wouldn't be a sane scenario.

You also often get them dropping in on you when you low wake down from SC in empty space, away from rings, to scan your cargo. Are there pirates just hanging around there (cloaked, presumably, as they appear after you do) too?

Difficult to tell regarding NPCs, I don't do mining myself so not sure if you're asking about arriving at the rocks or hauling back to a station.
Arriving.

Last edited:
In millions of square miles of ring, the lore explanation for them always (without fail) popping in after you drop has been that your wake signal attracts them to drop too.

There won't be pirates hanging around in normal space in every bit of the ring system on the 1 in a million off-chance some random miner pops into a non RES bit of a remote ring, surely? That wouldn't be a sane scenario.

You also often get them dropping in on you when you low wake down from SC in empty space, away from rings, to scan your cargo. Are there pirates just hanging around there (cloaked, presumably, as they appear after you do) too?
Don't disagree with the lore reason at all.

Mechanically though, that's not what happens. It's why pirates spawn if you relog in a ring.

Don't disagree with the lore reason at all.

Mechanically though, that's not what happens. It's why pirates spawn if you relog in a ring.
But do they spawn in normal space if you drop normally (not by cutting the thrusters?) - I thought they do, at least in low security systems... If that's the case, can you avoid it by cutting thrusters.... if not, what's the point?* Human interdictors just seem to use the FSD interdictor tether anyway, rather than relying on me randomly dropping.

* peeing off fellow team/wing members perhaps :D

But ... what's the point?* Human interdictors just seem to use the FSD interdictor tether anyway, rather than relying on me randomly dropping.

The point is to drop before an interdiction starts, You need to be aware of what's on the scanner and anyone moving in to a position where they could interdict. Once the interdiction starts the opportunity is gone.

But do they spawn in normal space if you drop normally (not by cutting the thrusters?) - I thought they do, at least in low security systems... If that's the case, can you avoid it by cutting thrusters.... if not, what's the point?* Human interdictors just seem to use the FSD interdictor tether anyway, rather than relying on me randomly dropping.

I don't understand what you're referring to here, sorry.

Is the suggestion that you don't leave a wake on an emergency FSD drop or something? Regardless of the case of that, NPCs don't "follow wakes" like that, it's just smoke-and-mirror mechanics.

I don't understand what you're referring to here, sorry.

Is the suggestion that you don't leave a wake on an emergency FSD drop or something? Regardless of the case of that, NPCs don't "follow wakes" like that, it's just smoke-and-mirror mechanics.

see:

Unless you want to perform a wakeless drop to normal space for any reason.

What is a "wakeless drop", in that case? NPCs will appear anyway, it makes no difference except to other players, who are unlikely to be around.

Interesting. I did not know that.
I found that out the hard way, numb nut that I am. I was running from a massacre mission (had bit off a bit more than I could chew) with a less-than-well-designed ship, had suffered quite a bit of module damage, and, being fastidious -- well, why mince words? -- PEDANTIC about these things, I noticed that my thrusters were not in top shape. So, I decided to repair 'em... while in super cruise.

BAM! Emergency stop. Piled a bit more damage on top & stopped the AFMU's repairs. Taught me a valuable lesson. :)

Top Bottom