Elara, one of Jupiter's moons

I took a trip back to Sol recently with my granddaughter Elara, who is named after Jupiter's seventh moon. Imagine our disappointment when we found it missing! You know what I'm going ask, and that it's a highly personal request, but we'd love to find it there and landable next time we're in the vicinity ☺

I think that's a reasonable request. Count my vote for this as well.

While it's a nice thought, putting all the moons in isn't possible, there are a total of 193 moons in the solar system, there is a maximum of 255 possible astronomical bodies in a solar system. There no doubt are number of ID's reserved for not yet implemented content such as comets and other objects, all the available slots may indeed already be reserved for future content so while it's a nice thought, it's not really a reasonable request, a reasonable desire sure, but if this was allowed what about every other commanders desire to have thier favourite object implemented, I think it would cause problems with future updates.

I took a trip back to Sol recently with my granddaughter Elara, who is named after Jupiter's seventh moon. Imagine our disappointment when we found it missing! You know what I'm going ask, and that it's a highly personal request, but we'd love to find it there and landable next time we're in the vicinity ☺

Tell them to change her name to Persephone then you can go to that. ;)

If I remember correct the problem is that Elara (the moon) is too small with "only" 86 km diameter.
Though there are also moons that are not in the game that should be big enough.

If I remember correct the problem is that Elara (the moon) is too small with "only" 86 km diameter.
Though there are also moons that are not in the game that should be big enough.

That's another point of course, the smallest body currently in ED that isn't hand built and placed is a minimum of 137km in radius. Of course most of the solar system is hand built and they could hand build a small moon along the lines of the hand built asteroid stations only larger so I wouldn't consider that a complete block of having smaller moons, just that they would of necessity all need to be hand built.

... it's not really a reasonable request, ...

It is a reasonable request. Just as for many reasons, including the ones you mentioned, it is perfectly understandable if the answer is no, or not at this time.

It would be unreasonable if it were a demand, but as a request, it's perfectly reasonable.

Top Bottom