Election state - anyone know exactly what works?

I had a War last week which ended after just two days.
You must have missed the first couple of days where no one took part and it was still a scoreless draw. Except for a strange bug I never encountered, conflicts always last between 4 and 7 days. Check the systems history on INARA.

You must have missed the first couple of days where no one took part and it was still a scoreless draw. Except for a strange bug I never encountered, conflicts always last between 4 and 7 days. Check the systems history on INARA.

Nope, I caused the war and fought from day one. Maybe FDev have made a silent change, maybe it's a bug but I prefer the shorter time, it's more realistic if a faction wins ten battles in a row on day one and day two, as soon as total victory is reached the war should end. I've just caused another war which started yesterday's tick, I'll let you know how long that lasts.

Elections I would like to see last 7 days, keeping you actively checking you're still in the lead and maintaining the lead.

Elections like wars are still best of 7. You'll need at least 3 more days for a 4-0 total victory.

Just had a victory and an outpost takeover after three days.

First day resulted in slight victory (or something phrased like that), the second day was victory, the third day was total victory and on today's tick the outpost went to the faction I support.

Maybe it goes full seven days for the control of the whole system & the main station, but these were elections between two ~12% low ranked factions for an outpost.

First day resulted in slight victory (or something phrased like that), the second day was victory, the third day was total victory and on today's tick the outpost went to the faction I support.
That's four days - today's tick counts as one of them.

You won today as well, so won the election 4-0.
If you'd lost today, it would have been 3-1 (shown as "victory" on the sliders) and it would have continued.

Maybe it goes full seven days for the control of the whole system & the main station, but these were elections between two ~12% low ranked factions for an outpost.
Doesn't matter what it's for - best of 7 (so 4-7 days depending on results) for all conflicts.

no.
the first tick of election action-starts, it's 0-0.
the second tick starts, you have won the first, it states 1-0.
the third starts, you have won the first and second, it states 2-0 etc. pp.
today you have won the fourth tick, outpost changed hands (4-0). but as the elction ended with that, it does not state 4-0.
if you would have not won the last tick, and neither the other side, it would not changed hand and still be 3-0.

counting in the BGS ("Days") is always confusing. a fellow BGS player lately suggested to me, to count "announcements", instead of "days"

Top Bottom