Elite: Chess - humour

Chess Federation: Hello. As an elite player, we are excited to tell you about improvements to the game.
Chess player: Hello. OK, what's in the changelog? Will the board look better?
CF: Well. We had some players complaining that the game took too long, what with the pawns only moving one square and all. They said we should respect their time.
CP: What? Its all playing, even when moving pawns. I love building up to a bishop dashing along a diagonal.
CF: True. But they are making a lot of waves, so we are allowing all the pawns to be replaced by queens. Anything to get rid of the noise.
CP: What? That would ruin the balance of one of the worlds most beautiful games!
CF: No, no. It's fine. The rule is optional. You can still use pawns if you want, then you won't be affected.
CP: What? 8 pawns against 8 queens? That's unfair.
CF: Not at all. We need to let people play how they want. It's just too grindy with pawns.
CP: Apart from the moral issues, chess sets don't have so many queens. It's not practical.
CF: Don't worry. The pawns will become queens using telekenesis. It's all good. Explains everything you see.
CP: So I will come to play with another player who has much stronger equipment just so they can use less time playing?
CF: Yes. But it will be fun. And your opponent won't have to watch a movie while he is advancing his pawn.
CP: I see. Sounds awful. But at least it is still one on one.
CF: Actually no. We also now allow other players to help your opponent to move his pieces.
CP: What?
CF: You might see a pawn change suddenly into a queen and then move at the same time as another one. It's really cool!
CP: So I play a game of skill, with a long tradition and history, but suddenly you decide to make it that I will play against opponents that aren't there, using pieces that are more powerful than they should be? Because some people don't want to play the way it was before?
CF: That's it! Chess has never been better! A group of mates can now beat a proper player, and giggle while they do it.
CP: I resign.
CF: Can't I'm afraid. They call that logging or something. It's very annoying apparantly.
CP: Oh for goodness sake. And I used to love chess. What about the board?
CF: We are making it smaller, and with less squares. Most of the new players only play on a coffee table.
CP: ...Swear filter enabled...

Chess Federation: Hello. As an elite player, we are excited to tell you about improvements to the game.

Would the same rules apply in Chess Alliance, Chess Empire or Chess Independent?

They make have to start giving rank in Alliance if these rules go into effect.

Caliber_az

Last edited:
Would the same rules apply in Chess Alliance, Chess Empire or Chess Independent?

They make have to start giving rank in Alliance if these rules go into effect.

From now on the Federation will be black only, the Empire will be white only... There are no dedicated Alliance chess pieces so you will have to use either black, white or both. The good news is we've changed the board to a triangle so 3 people can play at the same time to add to the confusion!

You forgot to mention that they nerfed Knights so they only move one space at a time.

Yes, but you can engineer them to double the jump range so it's all good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom