Elite Dangerous Add-On: Heated Slippers!

What do you get for the Elite Dangerous player that has everything? Heated Slippers of course! I've been plagued with freezing cold feet my entire life and usually put full-foot warmers in my shoes every day in the winter. Sometimes at home my feet will hurt to the point that I wrap them in heating pads which, as you'd guess aren't very mobile or easy.

Enter USB Heated Slippers

I'd considered these for a while but assumed they couldn't be that warm since they use USB for power. Well if you connect them to a PC or standard hub they're gonna be worthless, but with some 2.1 Amp USB chargers they are extremely warm, at times almost too much so. You can unplug them near the toe to walk around and while they're oddly squishy due to the heating element it's fine for short trips around the house (inside only). They don't come with the USB chargers/power but with 2 meter or so cables so they are great at your desk. I fly with pedals and while they are a bit clompy I can still fly and fight in combat just fine. They are most certainly not just a novelty and exceeded my expectations.

So don't suffer from cold feet while you fly through the bubble keep them nice and toasty!!

~X

I suffer from the opposite. My hands and feet are always warm. Too warm sometimes. I can't have covers on my feet when I sleep because they overheat and become uncomfortable. My wife likes the covers to be tucked, but I need them to be open at the foot of the bed.

Air conditioned slippers would be a boon to me.

I suffer from the opposite. My hands and feet are always warm. Too warm sometimes. I can't have covers on my feet when I sleep because they overheat and become uncomfortable. My wife likes the covers to be tucked, but I need them to be open at the foot of the bed.

Air conditioned slippers would be a boon to me.

Is it okay that I hate you a little bit? Seriously, I can't imagine what kind of heaven that must be!

Do they work as a heat sink for your CPU?

Sadly no, the can be a money sink for the energy they pull but that's about it ;-)

Top Bottom