Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons patch 2.0.08

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you're asking about the minor factions then yeah, that stuff is being added in per each update. There's a few minor factions that I will be in contact with later today due to some issues that came up.

Brett I know you are all very busy in ED land getting ready for 2.1's update, but regarding player minor factions i.e. ours the MMU in Lembava I have spoken to our President AndyLG4F regarding our fall, we are not 100% sure what is going on but I think due to Lembava being the HQ for Power Play and all the incoming/outgoing traffic that we should not have been placed in a system that has an overwhelming factor in the SIM. We have lost all our cmdr support as we can't move forward with anything we do, even our President has become very disillusioned with the lack of contact from yourselves. We need a resolution to the emails that have been sent to the ED wizards to help sort us out, it has been more than 2 months now.

Please fix the missions system. Make it so missions are actually possible to complete without having to wait half an hour in a system waiting for a target to show up, if they show up at all, or have to log out and log back in to have the npc spawn immediately. It breaks immersion. And please make missions more rewarding so it's an actual viable career within the game. If we were actual pilots within this universe, we wouldn't be going system to system causing the mass genocide of pirates. I would be looking for work in each system, like Firefly.
You can make between 7-11 million credits an hour trading or bounty hunting in random systems without any rank requirements. it would be reasonable to think that you would be able to make around the same doing missions. Missions that require high ranks should be extremely rewarding. Considering the amount of time it takes to get to that rank. Please please please make it so missions are viable. Just that little sense of accomplishment would add so much depth to the game. Completing a quest. All MMO's have them and this game should be no exception. Make it so we can productively complete quests. If that happens I'm sure that I and many others would be grateful and would come back to this game and play the hell out of it.

Please fix the missions system. Make it so missions are actually possible to complete without having to wait half an hour in a system waiting for a target to show up, if they show up at all, or have to log out and log back in to have the npc spawn immediately. It breaks immersion. And please make missions more rewarding so it's an actual viable career within the game. If we were actual pilots within this universe, we wouldn't be going system to system causing the mass genocide of pirates. I would be looking for work in each system, like Firefly.
You can make between 7-11 million credits an hour trading or bounty hunting in random systems without any rank requirements. it would be reasonable to think that you would be able to make around the same doing missions. Missions that require high ranks should be extremely rewarding. Considering the amount of time it takes to get to that rank. Please please please make it so missions are viable. Just that little sense of accomplishment would add so much depth to the game. Completing a quest. All MMO's have them and this game should be no exception. Make it so we can productively complete quests. If that happens I'm sure that I and many others would be grateful and would come back to this game and play the hell out of it.

Are you talking about the missions where you hold onto some data for a while?

If so, do other missions while the time ticks over, or bounty hunt, I tend to go to an extraction site and rack up some kills + spondulicks!

Two days of testing and searching and I found out the system DDR4 ram frequency in BIOS had been reset to 800Mhz instead of 2666Mhz. Now I´m back with normal smoooooooothnes :). A bit surprised how much influence system ram speed has on FPS though. Other games didn´t show drops.

Nice! Guess ED is really heavy using the CPU and GPU combined powers for all it's amazing emulation of galaxy and the planets' terrain. And for those two to talk with each other smoothly, a wide and deep pool of RAM is needed imho...

FD, please, is there any chance to see improvements related to VR in the next update? my osvr / steamvr is driving me nuts here...

What have you done to the Vulture. Iv'e been trading and gone back to my Vulture and it overheats just using pulses. What have you done to what used to be my favourite ship. Its useless now.
If you keep nerfing everything there will be no point playing elite.

What have you done to the Vulture. Iv'e been trading and gone back to my Vulture and it overheats just using pulses. What have you done to what used to be my favourite ship. Its useless now.
If you keep nerfing everything there will be no point playing elite.

Let's just hope that 2.1 will fix the heat issues. I believe they are aware of this balance problem.

Elite Dangerous is being built in seasons - season 2 is horizons. As part of this there will be 4 main updates

Buying a season pass gives you all season 2 updates for free

If you don't buy season 3 then season 2 will basically be your lot, however you may get some updates when appropriate

The next update is 2.1/1.6 some updates will be applied for everyone (1.6) some will only be applied if you have the Season 2 Pass (2.1)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom