Elite Dangerous: Known Issues Following Latest Updates

Greetings Commanders.

Following very many continued conversations throughout present threads here in the Forum after the deployment of the latest updates this week (thank you so much for your time), we're continuing to file through the more pressing, widespread reports of immediate issues that significantly impact gameplay and give you a place of further acknowledgement of them, as oppose to losing responses to pages of discussion, here there and everywhere.
That's not helpful to you.

Right now we are focused on the following issues raised in the last few days since update releases.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a list to overrule pre-existing issues raised which either didn't make it in to the latest updates or are legacy issues affecting gameplay.

We're still working on updates for you regarding previously raised issues around many areas of the game, not only gameplay, which we're hopeful to give you more information with progress on soon.

Currently Investigated Immediate Issues of Note:
  • Xbox players are currently unable to access Horizons Content.
  • SRVs unable to scoop materials from planetary surfaces.
    • Relog required to bypass (entirely suboptimal workaround and entirely noted as such).
  • Deceased NPCs blocking reactor terminal, stalling progress.
    • This was claimed fixed but reopened on our side following continued reports. All our apologies for this, Commanders.
  • Stability issues with logging into the game at the main menu with Odyssey.
    • I've been collecting Commander IDs for instances whereby the game is unable to be launched and causes a crash.
    • There was an issue whereby once this crash ocurred, the player could not submit formal crash reports, however this has since been resolved. Please do continue now to submit a report using the usual report method each time it's encountered.
  • Instances of Scenarios no longer triggering.
    • **It would be hugely appreciated if we could have some additional info on issues with mistriggered scenarios, regarding the system state and so on, as a lot of factors go into scenario generation.
    • I have a particular report from a Commander regarding the Upsilon Aquarii system, however this is currently in a "None" state which doesnt generate scenarios.
      • Not at all disputing that there COULD be an issue, but also it's worth keeping in mind that Scenarios were spawning there earlier, then the server tick happened, the system then changed state and now they no longer are.
    • All feedback on this is massviely helpful right now. Thank you!!
I'm going to update this list live as we go.

I hope you can appreciate that with naturally so many issues very dear to individuals right now that these kinds of "bite size priority" lists of immediate issues are easier to report in on when it comes to the potential of 'hotfixes'. These do not, again, replace the wider known issues lists.

Once again, so many thanks for your ever passionate feedback and constructive support on issues we face. Here to help.
Hi Sally!
Today when interdicting a pirate I got locked on perfect spot, lost control of the ship, and interdicted him regardless. I saved a video from it and I can upload it somewhere :)

Uncoupling the Odyssey game play from the Engine it is built on would be a massive piece of work (almost as long as the original Odyssey development (2/3 years, and it is likely that a lot of the game play (pve/pvp on foot activies) simply couldn't be implemented, and you can't upgrade an engine step by step - that is not how engines work.
They adopted the Cobra engine because they couldn't do Odyssey on the existing engine, and it is unlikely that the Horizon engine could be adapted to give the required Cobra features.
Horizons and oddyssey use the same cobra engine, odyssey with an upgraded version of the engine, but it´s the same engine at it´s core.

Hello Pilots,
I have some update. I gave up and stopped playing Elite . Today I have realized there is a hotfix update. So I have installed 10.03 hotfix and I have run the game and what a surprise... problem with crashing on the startup screen gone now. I didn't change anything in my PC. I'm still below required configuration. So in short, my assumption was correct I suppose ;). It was a code issue.
Anyway.
Support team congrats for hunting down the bug :)

Top Bottom