Elite Dangerous Odyssey - Cannot connect to Authentication Server

Elite Dangerous Odyssey - "Cannot connect to Authentication Server"

I'm getting this error right when I finally get to the stage of just about to start Odyssey.

I had a few problems before which were all firewall related, it's running on Win7 64x with tiny firewall running. I added the needed files and processes one at a time to the firewall's whitelist, I was going to try maually adding the authentication server ip addresses to tiny firewall to allow them through incase that was the issue, but I can't find the ip addresses of these servers anywhere. Can anyone offer some help or suggestions? It looks like others are experiencing authentication issues, is this correct?

Thank you in advance,
Xe

P.s. If this question is better suited in another thread, could a mod move it to the right place?

Last edited:
I've had this game since it came out and yet only had it working about 5 or 6 times. Login for me has always been an issue.
Last time I tried was about 2 years ago until today and guess what still won't Authentication Server.
I've restarted the PC turned off AV and Firewalls and still won't work.

Finally got in, had to use steam account details in EDlauncher instead of user and password information.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply F2ksel. i'm sorry to hear you've had such long running issues! That's awful that it's only run a couple of times for you, I'm glad you finally got to play anyway!

I've no idea what the issue is, maybe something being blocked by the firewall? I usually stick with it and keep going until every possibility has been tried. The need to run a firewall makes things trickier \o/

I still haven't got it running yet, i stayed patient throughout the alpha and let it all smooth over as all the feedback came back, but well, it'd be nice to actually have a go.

Top Bottom