Release Elite Dangerous X52 Pro Light Control - EDXLC

To run EDXLC version 1.13 download and unzip the following file then run edxlc.exe.
https://github.com/andrewdsmith/edxlc/releases/download/v1.13/edxlc_v1.13.zip
Woooooooooow!

I've spent my life (since I bought the x52 pro) looking for something like this!
How amazing that you exist! How wonderful that you made this program!

I will recommend this program to all my friends who use X52, it's wonderful!

I have some questions:

Can we send text to the MFD? Before using the program I had my CMDR name as my profile name, now nothing appears.

Another question, does the program recognize the 3 modes?
Apparently mine only recognizes mode 2. Can we configure different colors for each profile?

Once again, thanks for your amazing work.
Too bad I can't buy you a beer :(

o7

Can we send text to the MFD? Before using the program I had my CMDR name as my profile name, now nothing appears.
I had not thought about this but it is something I could add. Specifically, I could just look up your CMDR name (I think) from the logs. I wonder if people want anything else to appear? Also, not working on this very actively right now as I have other projects on the go for next month or two, sorry!
Another question, does the program recognize the 3 modes?
Apparently mine only recognizes mode 2. Can we configure different colors for each profile?
No it doesn't recognise the modes. I will probably only work in the mode it's on when you start the app. I'll look into whether it could be made to detect mode but I seem to recall this is not something available to the API.
Too bad I can't buy you a beer :(
Maybe if they add drinks to the game in future?

I had not thought about this but it is something I could add. Specifically, I could just look up your CMDR name (I think) from the logs. I wonder if people want anything else to appear?

Yea! I think it's something that everyone who has played FlishtSimimulator would love to have.
There you can see all the information about your flight plan, like altitude, latitude...

For ELITE I would like to have, for example, the cargo or fuel capacity? Maybe also just for fun (not so useful, but cool) the name of the system/station and the number of the landing spot you should land? when landing on planets maybe it would be nice to see your position (X, Y) and planet gravity?

No it doesn't recognise the modes. I will probably only work in the mode it's on when you start the app. I'll look into whether it could be made to detect mode but I seem to recall this is not something available to the API.

I use modes to use programmed live actions to deploy hardponits (for fight mode) or landing gear (for landing mode). But nothing REALLY needed.

Maybe if they add drinks to the game in future?

About beer... I'm looking for foword for this moment.
Your work with this program was incredible.
Once again, congratulations and thanks!

o7

All sorts of interesting dynamic data could be shown in the text fields, but would take some effort to implement.

How about, as a simpler solution, just have three optional entries in the config file that defines some static text that is displayed on each of the three lines? (Or even define a command that is executed on the system (could prefix the text with a bang to define it as a command to be executed), and display the response from that command, so that users could extend it with whatever they want.)

I guess this might be dead but I tried running it and got the error
C:\wctools>edxlc
[2023-07-23T16:35:21Z INFO edxlc] EDXLC 1.13.0
thread 'main' panicked at 'Could not read bindings file: Os { code: 2, kind: NotFound, message: "The system cannot find the file specified." }', src\game\file\control_bindings.rs:38:44
note: run with RUST_BACKTRACE=1 environment variable to display a backtrace

Edit : ok, read the readme file in github .. all explained :)

Is it possible to set up the game so that only the HOTAS joystick is used during flights, and only the mouse and keyboard are used while walking around the planet?

Is it possible to set up the game so that only the HOTAS joystick is used during flights, and only the mouse and keyboard are used while walking around the planet?
Probably.

It is just down to going through the various bindings in each of the sections using suitable combinations when you run short of buttons.

Top Bottom