Elite Explorer

Hi.
I have been testing this great game. It has a lot of amazing possibilities. As a flight simulator it is perhaps the best of its class. And the immense space in which it takes place is full of exploration possibilities. There is only one detail that tires me a lot: the constant fight against pirates or other players. This causes me so much stress that I ended up stopping playing it. It's a pitty because, for everything else, it is very well developed.
Consequently, I make this proposal for "Elite Dangerous". Could be posible to make a version (a MOD or a DLC, for example) where the fight disappear? A, let's say, "Elite Explorer", where all pirates and fighting disappear and where weapon slots can be used for scientific gadgets. For patient and peaceful players (like me) it would have much more appeal. I already assume that most players like to fight, which is why they have chosen a game called “Dangerous”. But there is a minority, who would enjoy much more being able to adjust the number of interception attempts or the possibilities of combats, as for example does “Stellaris” (from PARADOX), where in “adjustments” the level of confrontation can be reduced. It would be a way of expanding “Elite Dangerous”, which has already developed an extremely interesting universe, to a clientele that would consider enjoying a relaxing and exciting experience.
You will say: well, if you don't like violence, enjoy those other games that don't have it. And you will be right, in fact I have tried many other games. But the visual and astronomical spectacle of "Elite Dangerous", as well as its flight simulator, are hard to beat. Congratulations to designers.
It is just a suggestion.
Regards.

You can play in Solo to avoid other players and if you don't carry any cargo or run missions from stations the pirates won't attack you, even if they interdict you, although it's pretty easy to avoid their interdiction if you keep your throttle in blue zone and maneuver it towards the Escape Vector target.

Hi.
Thanks for your reply, davinator791
Yes, lately I was playing in Solo to avoid other players. In order to get the necessary equipement for exploration, I need money, and I did same mining (By the way, its a pleasure to go to a planet ring and do it!). Every time mi ship had a cargo, specially if it was valuable, a pirate (or several) try intercept me. Yes, its relatively easy to avoid the interdiction, but because it may happen at any moment at any place, y can't fly relaxed. And sometimes the distances to fly are too long. If at "settings" would have a button "pirates on/off", I would put it in "off" without hesitation!
Regards

Last edited:
You will learn to negate it soon. small shields are usually enough unless mission targets interdict you :)

But submit and boost works perfectly on most builds vs npcs. Your speed should be close to 400 to escape any npc.

The problem is, you only have one savegame in ED, and with ED's "all modes are equal" philosophy, you can transfer your character from Open to Solo and back, at any time. So it would be possible to build up millions of credits "safely", and thus gain an unfair advantage over people who built their credits up under more hazardous conditions.

Yeah, the constant interdictions by NPCs can be annoying. My advice, though, is to stick with it and persevere. Once you've saved up enough credits for some proper gear you can head out into the unknown and once you're out of inhabited space (AKA the bubble) no one will interdict you any more, not even NPCs. In fact, you'll find that some commanders have gone out exploring in their initial sidewinder. I'd suggest at least getting an A rated FSD first and fit a good fuel scoop.

By the way, if you need to know anything just ask as it is a complex game. There's plenty of people on here willing to assist.

You can play in Solo to avoid other players and if you don't carry any cargo or run missions from stations the pirates won't attack you, even if they interdict you, although it's pretty easy to avoid their interdiction if you keep your throttle in blue zone and maneuver it towards the Escape Vector target.
Or play in a PG.....

The problem is, you only have one savegame in ED, and with ED's "all modes are equal" philosophy, you can transfer your character from Open to Solo and back, at any time. So it would be possible to build up millions of credits "safely", and thus gain an unfair advantage over people who built their credits up under more hazardous conditions.

This is so much wrong here. EVERYONE have the same OPTION to play in solo. so there is no unfair advantage. And for most part, that extra danger in Open, is concentrated to locations where you can find many players, like Community Goals, some of the most popular engineers, a few systems, etc, etc. Going outside of these hotspots, and the risk of encountering a hostile player goes down significantly. And if you are doing things in Open, you could meet friendly CMDR aswell, and these miught share Wing Mission reward with you, that is not somethign you can do in Solo, doesn't that give Open play an unfair advantage over Solo? Or that you can team up with friendly players and do thigns togheter, and share the workload, and thus earn credits faster that way, and being in a group, you can more easily defend yourself against an hostile ship.. wouldn't that count as a unfair advantage over Solo?

And if you are on a console, you have to PAY for the option to play in Open!

Top Bottom