General / Off-Topic Elite life skills

I sell 'Meat' at boot sales from the back of my car.
I only sell the 'good stuff'.

latest

I sell 'Meat' at boot sales from the back of my car.
I only sell the 'good stuff'.

latest
Wanna buy some pegs Dave?

I used to go to car boots for a rummage back in the day, mostly for books and spectrum/other classic games.

I did pick up a really good binatone gaming system and some game and watches too (best one being a mario bros). Not been for a while (I tell a lie, i went last summer and picked up a copy of Alien Trilogy for the PS1 for a mate and some matchbox cars for my lad)

I have only ever done one once, though my inlaws do from time to time - sunday just gone as it happens.
You have to be prepared to haggle.... they made about 50 quid profit on their last one for a full morning, which they shared out between their 2 grandkids. fine if you have the time or if you enjoy the haggle but i would rather just give it all to a charity shop and consider that my charitable donation for the month.

I love car boot sales - although the general quality and interest of the items has gone down in recent years, there’s still a bargain everyso often! Last purchase, quality (metal, retractable grips etc) camera tripod for a fiver :)
I also like going to car boot / markets abroad too, as you get an interesting insight into the tat of the region !
Edit: just remembered my favourite purchase .. a pyschogalvanometer!

Carboot sale/ Like you are selling stuff that you brought in your carboot . Usually personal or family items.
Ok, lemme try again.
What is a car boot? Only car boot j know ok this the lock some metermaid slap on your tire.

Full disclosure, this maybe a engrish to English translation error XD

What is a boot sale? As in bootleg?
Would that be an ''Auto Trunk Sale'' if you are a Yankee Cousin not a Brit?.... i.e hoards of like minded sellers getting together in a field or public place, usually on a sunny Sunday to sell their unwanted and often old bitz'n'biowaste from out of the back of their motor....... o7

Edit: ?? A mobile ''Yard Sale'' ?? tho we Brits don't do Yard Sales .... perhaps we should start ??
(probably ninja'd)

Last edited:
Would that be an ''Auto Trunk Sale'' if you are a Yankee Cousin not a Brit?.... i.e hoards of like minded sellers getting together in a field or public place, usually on a sunny Sunday to sell their unwanted and often old bitz'n'biowaste from out of the back of their motor....... o7

Edit: ?? A mobile ''Yard Sale'' ?? tho we Brits don't do Yard Sales .... perhaps we should start ??
(probably ninja'd)

In the UK its not Sunny. More Showers sundays

Top Bottom