Engineered Shields distributor draw

Hey all,

I can see in outfitting that the 5C Shields on my FDL draw 0.60 MW from the distributor. However, I can't see anywhere what they draw when recharging and from broken, which can be significantly higher. I've made builds that appear to be well within the SYS regeneration capacity of my Distributor. However, when they're recharging they totally drain it in seconds. How can find this value, some external tool?

Basically, the game doesn't give me enough information to configure my build suitably. That 0.60 MW draw of my shields only seems to be when they're fully charged already, not taking fire and / or recharging. it's this figure that's critical. I thought that perhaps that 0.60 MW figure was the peek power draw, i.e. when the shield was recharging / rebuilding. However, this does not appear to be the case in practise. Hence why some of my builds drain the SYS capacitor when shields are recharging

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the shield information in Outfitting does not appear to tell me what I need. Can someone help? I thought I used to have access to this data from an external tool, but I cannot recall what it was - it's not EDSY, I just checked.

Scoob.

Shields draw from the distributor 1:1 for their regeneration rate, so for 5C Biweaves, that's 2.2 MJ/s - or 2.2 MW [1] (an A-rated capacitor should cover this with 3 pips)

When broken, this rate is doubled, so 4.4 MW (an A-rated capacitor with Charge Enhanced should just about cover this with 4 pips)

In supercruise, the rate is also doubled, so broken+supercruise = 8.8 MW (your capacitor will be the limiting factor)

Fully charged shields draw nothing, though - if you're not taking fire and have full shields, you can quite happily have no pips to SYS forever.

[1] Or 2.5 with the fast-charge experimental

Perfect, thanks for that. I dimly recalled that this value was in the game somewhere, but I didn't remember it was tied to the recharge value.

Scoob.

Top Bottom