Enrichment items not join building group?

Groups can be hard to deal with at the best of times, but I find it particularly annoying that enrichment items, feeders and sleeping beds join the group of the building it was placed on and there seems to be no way to avoid that. I don't think these objects should join the groups, just be placed on top of them. I want to be able to click on my feeder to tell the keeper to fill it, without being forced to highlight and open the entire group of the building I've placed it on. If a bed is not in a nice spot, I just want to click it and move it around easily. There doesn't seem much benefit for these items to be forced into groups.

You can just use the hotkey 'x' on the item and then manually move it over to where you want without it grouping with other stuff

You can just use the hotkey 'x' on the item and then manually move it over to where you want without it grouping with other stuff
Awesome this works, though I feel like it should be the opposite. If I am not in the building group, and place down a feeder, it doesn't make sense to then open the group menu (slowing down the game and adding even more clicks) and then adding it. It would be better, if I was not in the group and wanted to quickly add it to the group, to press X and place.

But it's good to know there is a work around...

Back
Top Bottom